Chapter 148

Y/N awoke comfortable, the bed still warm as she pressed closer to the warm body. She heard a noise, making her groan as she turned over. Artemis was snoring softly on Kawaki's chest, the man holding the tiny baby in place as he slept with one arm behind his back. Y/N gave a small smile, moving closer as she laid her head on his chest again. Artemis sniffled in his sleep, comfortable as his hand outstretched. The sunlight was peering softly through the tightly closed windows, signaling the beginning of dawn.

    Kawaki felt her staring at him, cracking an eye open tiredly. "I told you to stop staring at me." He teased her tiredly, his voice thick with sleep as he closed his eyes again. Y/N hit him on the side lightly, trying not to disturb the baby. "He was up to play all night after you went to bed." He chuckled dryly, squeezing her to his side. Y/N frowned, feeling the baby's forehead. "He wasn't sick really, he just wanted to fight sleep." He gestured to the passed out infant, the baby sleeping deeply. "He would wake up and go back to bed all night." He exhaled, Y/N smiling softly.

    "Why didn't you wake me up? I could have handled him." She stroked her hand down Artemis's back, smiling as he laid innocently. "Looks like he stopped fighting for now." She grinned.

    "Eh, you looked so cute just asleep like that." He leaned over, pressing giving her a small kiss. Y/N kissed him back, stretching slightly as she moved back with a yawn. "Besides, this is an everlasting war." He assured her, chuckling slightly. Y/N closed her eyes, turning back around as she laid her head on his arm. "What are you guys doing today?"

    "I have a date." She muttered, Kawaki playing with her hair with his free hand. "Do you care?" She asked him, looking back over her shoulder. Kawaki shrugged.

    "Do you?" He asked her, leaning over to nuzzle his forehead against her shoulder. "You look like you don't want to go."

    "Uh, it's just so tedious." Y/N huffed. "Their forcing me to go on these stupid kiddie dates, like I'm so little kid." Y/N rolled her eyes. "I don't know." Y/N shrugged. "It's just annoying, they should be focusing on bringing us home." She muttered. Kawaki nodded.

    "You do what you want." Kawaki shrugged. "It's none of my business." Y/N narrowed her eyes. "What?"

    "You really feel that way?" She looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You don't care if I get like.. Intimate with them?" She asked him. Kawaki nodded.

    "If you wanna break your own heart, go ahead." Kawaki brushed her hair behind her ears, making Y/N pout. "I won't stop you, my little wild card." He teased her. "You don't look happy about it." Kawaki laughed at her as she shrugged.

    "I don't know. You're not gonna fight me on it and freak out?" Y/N muttered. "You don't mind sharing?"

    "What do you want me to do?" Kawaki asked her. "You want me to show some muscle?" He laughed at her. "Your a grown woman. I'm glad you wanna talk about it, but if you want to do something your gonna do it." Y/N pursed her lips, in deep thought as she retracted from him. "Something bothering you?" He asked her.

    Y/N shrugged. "I don't know." She played it off. Kawaki nodded at her.

    "Well, when you're ready to say something you can. I won't judge you." He muttered, patting the baby lightly. "You look like you want to ask me something."

    Y/N took a deep breath, pinching her nose as she felt the slightest bit of anger in her temple. "Well..." She muttered. A thought had popped into her head that she didn't like at all, and she knew it wasn't right. "I'm still working things out with Naruto and Sasuke." She scratched the back of her head, irritated. "But are you not mad at me because you're seeing other people?" She felt ridiculous for even saying it, like she had no right to be. Kawaki snorted at her, rolling his eyes.