Chapter 155

The kids stood together in the elevator, Ko humming softly as the rest of the boys stayed quiet. Nagi checked his watch, nodding at the time. "It's ready." He said, the elevator stopping with a loud ding. The kids left together, sliding their hoods up and over their heads as they continued walking. "Just look straight ahead, and don't say anything." Nagi muttered, the ground floor quiet.

    "It was wiser to leave at night." Masaru muttered, beside Nagi as they all moved as one. "Less people watching outside."

    "Yep." Nagi nodded, the four of them reaching the glass doors. They pressed the buzzer, the doors opening immediately as they walked into the fresh night air. "Bushes in the back." Nagi muttered under his breath, following Jataro as he took lead. They took a stroll to the back, acting inconspicuous as they entered the rose covered back garden. "I see him." Nagi muttered.

    Kawaki was wearing a dark cloak, his face hidden as he looked up at the hospital building. The kids looked up, seeing Y/N high up in the windowsill with the baby. She was putting out the candle, pointing to the sky to show the baby the stars. "They'll be fine. We'll be home soon." Ko noted, folding her hands. "As long as we can convince him to come home of course." She said as they started jogging to cover the distance.

    "We will." Nagi assured them. "Hey." He stopped in front of Kawaki, the man looking away from the hospital to look at him. "We already have a plan, we have to go to our house first." Kawaki crossed his arms, confused.

    "The house is habitable. It's an abandoned structure that was partially destroyed." Kawaki muttered. "What do you need that house for?"

    "Are our things still there? There should be our supplies." Masaru crossed his arms. "We need it if we're going to complete the mission." Kawaki hummed, turning around as he started the walk. The kids jogged after him, following him towards the path towards their own house. "I know it's inhabitable, but what's wrong with it?"

    Kawaki nodded to them, picking up the pace as they continued on the cobblestone road trail. "Upkeep stopped after the disappearance. I remember in my childhood we walked the house and looked around." Kawaki leapt over a fallen log, the kids doing the same as they followed him. "Then we had a really bad storm, and that property has a lot of trees. Nice big one took a chunk out of the second floor." He muttered. "Took out the roofing and everything."

    "Aww." Ko frowned, running after them. "I loved that house. It was always nice." She pouted. Kawaki nodded.

    "Yeah." He muttered. "It's the structures that are damaged, but most if not all that inside was packaged and binned." Kawaki took them down a trail, the kids recognizing the area from their past. It was a path by their house. "Probably a shit ton of mold, collapsed roofs, but the good shit is all in bins."

    "Why didn't they move everything out?" Jataro asked him, Kawaki shrugging with a sigh as he looked both ways. "I can't believe that big old house is done."

    "They probably couldn't decide what to do with it." Nagi muttered. "They didn't want to get rid of it because they knew we would eventually return."

    "Well when we go back home, now Mom can't argue with me for chopping her tree down for firewood." Masaru laughed, running to catch up with the towering mail. It didn't take long, they stood at the edge of the final but long pathway. "WOW!" Masaru whistled, seeing the huge tree that had knocked into the house. "Getting to our things might be a bit difficult."

    "But not impossible." Jataro muttered. "I'll take points-!" Kawaki stopped him with a hand to his chest. "What?"

    "Did you not hear me? There's really bad mold inside from the storms, and you need to cover up." Kawaki muttered as they walked forward. They started jogging. "Powers cut, but I'm assuming you guys have flashlights inside right? I only brought one." The boys nodded, Kawaki reaching the porch first. The outside was immaculate compared to the upstairs body.