Chapter 185

Karin waited patiently until Sasuke left, trying anything not to as the boys dragged him. "Come on Papa, we should go see that movie we keep hearing about! The one with all the zombies!" Masaru laughed, gripping Sasuke by his cloak.

"See you tomorrow." Sasuke said blankly, Y/N laughing as she waved the boys goodbye. The door shut, and Karin let out a breath of relief.

"So, can we talk about some adult business real quick?" Karin pulled on Y/N's hand. "Your ass is getting fatter by the way." Karin winked.

"Shut up." Y/N laughed. "Ko, why don't you show Rosemarie some of your dolls?" Y/N asked her. Ko nodded excitedly, pulling on Rosemarie as they went running up the staircase. "Alright, go ahead." Y/N sighed, leaning against the counter.

"So." Karin started, leaning over her. "Can you lift up your shirt?" Karin asked, grinning. Y/N sighed, knowing what she wanted as Y/N exposed her stomach. She reached out, feeling the smooth skin. "Well you don't look pregnant, just in the ass."

"Shut up!" Y/N laughed, dropping her shirt. "Come on, I don't want the kids to know." She whispered. "It's monday, so I'm gonna get the results back today I hope." Karin nodded, a small smile on her face. "What are you so happy for?"

"I just like these little brats alot." She gushed, crossing her arms. "The innocent smiles get me everytime." She grinned, shaking her head. Y/N laughed.

"Karin, why did you and Suigetsu never settle down?" Y/N questioned her. "I mean last time I talked to you, you were talking about starting a family." Karin took a deep breath, nodding. "Oh, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Y/N assured her.

"No, no It's only fair. You tell me all your life secrets." Karin nodded, leaning against the counter with her. "I had a pretty bad first trimester, nearly killing me." Karin admitted, a quiet look on her normally wild looking face. Y/N frowned. "We were positive that we could try again but, it was really traumatizing." She looked down at the floor. "Long story short, we decided in the end that neither of us had enough freetime for a baby anyway." Karin sighed. "It sucked but I enjoy being an aunt." She smiled at Y/N.

Y/N didn't say anything, giving her a tight hug. Karin squeezed back, grinning. "Besides, you better share." She laughed. "You've got enough for the both of us." Y/N laughed as she patted her back. "No, it doesn't bother me anymore." Karin shook her head. "It's been years." Y/N gave her a small look.

"Have you ever thought about adoption?" She asked her. Karin shook her head yes. "Why didn't you go through with it?"

"I mean, we never had a baby so we never bought that house on the beach." Karin sighed, crossing her arm. "We decided to work for Orochimaru still, and we still live in that cramped ass underground hall. "It's no place for a child. I work as a damn warden." Karin sighed, crossing her arms. "Plus babies scare me."

"They do?" Y/N snorted, giving her a small smile. "Is Artemis frightening to you?" Karin shook her head no, grinning.

"No, but when you have a baby it's super hard." Karin sighed. "So many diapers, and no sleep, and it's just so ugh to me." Y/N laughed.

"It's definitely not for everyone." Y/N chuckled. "I mean, it's worth it in the end." Karin nodded.

"Yeah, I like the older ones." Karin admitted. "When I stayed with you, they were doing dishes, sweeping the floor, like what the hell. It's like a mini friend group you got going on." Karin giggled. "Except they're really cute and they want hugs and kisses all the time." Y/N nodded, pointing towards the stairs.