Chapter 135

Ko followed Maso, a curious look on her face as he kept egging her on. "Where are they, again?" She questioned him, looking around curiously. "I didn't know goody goody boys like you actually liked to sneak around." She teased him slightly, making him blush with a nod.

    "The entrance way is right here." He kicked a vent, knocking the grate off. "It'll drop us right into the safety net of the basement. I've never gone inside before, but I've been scoping it out lately. Just needed someone brave enough to do it with." He chuckled sheepishly. "I figured since you've gone on a mission before, you'd be able to do it with me."

    Ko looked at the dark vent hole, nodding. "I've gone on a lot." She commented, taking the lead as she got in first fearlessly. "You coming?" She asked him, making him scurry in after her.

    "How many missions?" He asked her, confused as he followed after her nervously. She stopped suddenly.

    "Alot. I don't have supplies." Ko frowned. "We can't explore the basement without a light." She said pointedly. Maso nodded, pointing to the vent wall.

    "Hug this and take it all around, it'll drop us off at the armoury." He murmured. "I believe there's flashlights in there too." Ko nodded, a smile on her face as she did what he said. "You move like one of the leaders." He commented, watching Ko check the room for interference.

    "Jataro's been here before." Ko rolled her eyes. "He dropped his hard candy." She giggled, pointing at the candy in the vent still as she dropped the vent door quietly. "And the baka left the gate unlocked. She slid in, a sheepish smile on her face. "That works for us, though." Maso followed her inside, looking around at all the vast weaponry. Ko went straight to the black bookbag sitting on the table, a tiny pink puffball attached to one of the straps.

    "Is that yours?" He muttered, watching her open the bag. She nodded, looking inside as she shuffled around it.

    "Be quiet, there could be soldiers around." She whispered, a smaller back being pulled out. "These should be required, it's a fanny pack." She showed him excitedly. "It's pink and fashionable but also comfortable with this poofy dress." Ko lifted her arms up, starting to load the bag with small items.

    "I see a big flashlight." Maso nodded at her, plucking it off the wall. "The power sucks down there, or at least that's what my dad told me." Ko nodded, backing away as she heard movement outside. "Come on, we've got what we need." He climbed up first, reaching a hand down. Ko took his hand, climbing back into the vent as they continued on, a smile on Ko's face.

    "Aren't you worried we might run into the guardians?" Ko asked him, Maso now in the lead as he lured her deeper into the ventilation system. Maso shook his head no.

    "No, this event is a secret route. There's a lot of things that weren't in the plans for the building, according to my father. He thinks Lord Kawaki wasn't as open as he normally is." Maso said quietly. Ko raised an eyebrow. Now that she thought about it, this wasn't the same vent that she and the boys used.

    "What, like he was hiding something?" Ko asked, looking around as they reached an opening. Maso pulled the vent out, sticking his head into the open area.

    "Not necessarily. Just that he left some things out that he shouldn't have. However, he's the leader." Maso moved over, tumbling down into the safety net. "Here, I'll catch you." He opened his arms as he forcibly stood. Ko lowered herself, conscious of the sudden fall. "I've got you." He added, promising as he braced for her fall. She kicked her feet and swayed, soaring to a perfect land as she didn't topple over.

    "I've got it!" Ko giggled, Maso gaping at her as she seadied herself. "Where are we going?" He removed a knife from his pocket, getting to work on the net.