Chapter 72

"Y/N? Are you alright?" Neji asked from the corner he was still cuffed in. Y/N looked visibly uncomfortable, but nodded. She was stiff from standing long, her arms spread apart as Maddie sewed around her. "The dress looks beautiful on you." He smiled at her halfheartedly.

Y/N scoffed. "I do hope my sixteen year old husband agrees." She crossed her arms with an attitude. Maddie cracked a smile, a soft grin on her face.

"I know it seems strange right now, but I heard you will be treated well." Maddie said softly. "I've already received a postal for you." Y/N's face scrunched up in disgust.

"Excuse me? I have a relationship already." Y/N huffed as Maddie buried her face in the skirt. "He's currently tied to the wall like a dog, being forced to watch me marry a kid." Y/N glowered.

"Y/N, don't take it out on her." Neji calmed her lightly. "She's not in a good position. She doesn't have a choice."

"There is always a choice, child." Y/N glowered down at Maddie. Maddie winced as she looked up at Y/N's angry face.

"I know it sounds horrible, but you should forget your past." Maddie mumbled shyly, her fingers shaking in Y/N's dress. "It's the easiest way to look forward."

"I have children!" Y/N glowered. "I don't have time to run off and marry some kid I met once and fell for me!" Y/N huffed angrily.

"Y/N." Neji murmured, trying to shush her. "Keep calm please."

"I hate him! I hate this dress! I hate my life!" Y/N cried angry tears, her hands clenching violently. "I'll strangle him before I'm forced to sleep with him!"

"Princess please." Maddie shushed her. "If they hear you cause a riot, you'll get in trouble." Maddie tried to shush her.

"Maddie." Y/N grabbed the girls head abruptly, Maddie flinching in fear. "You can't possibly think that my life is going to be roses and chocolates if I go with that horrible man? You've got to have met that horrid clan..." Y/N stared Maddie down.

Maddie gulped. "I didn't meet him but... If he's anything like them..." Maddie drifted off nervously. "I don't know if he is." Maddie confessed as Y/N let go of her. "But I know he's sent you items and you haven't even been reunited yet." Maddie murmured. Y/N looked at her incredulously.

"What is he sending me? The heads of the people I love?!" Y/N guffawed. "He tried to kill me last time I saw him! If it wasn't for Neji, I wouldn't be standing here!" Y/N pointed at the chained Neji. "I wish he hadn't now!"

"Y/N!" Neji snarled. "Be quiet." He commanded her, making her go silent in shock. Neji had never told her to be quiet before. "Y/N don't ever say something like that again." He looked intense, angry with her.

"All life is precious." Maddie murmured, finishing the intricate stitching at the bottom. "I'm sorry you have to go through with this. I think you're very strong for facing this head on."

Y/N pursed her lips, frustrated. "Well I'm not. If Neji wasn't here, I would have slit my wrists."

"Y/N!" Neji snarled. "SHUT UP!" He yelled at her, making Y/N flinch. "Just shut up! Can you not be selfish for just one minute?!" Neji yelled. "That's not what Naruto died for!"

Y/N felt as if he had just slapped her in the face. "Don't bring him into this." Y/N glared. "He wouldn't want me to be someone's toy!" Y/N clenched her fist.

"He wouldn't want you to give up because it gets a little tough!" Neji said, exasperated. "Your really willing to give up everyone for this?!" Neji shook his head at her. "I thought you were better than that."