Chapter 70

I'm sadly really busy the next couple of days with work and won't have much time to write. I'll see if I can squeeze this next chapter out. Otherwise hope y'all having a good day 🥺❤️

Nagi gasped as he abruptly woke, a heavy hand on his chest. He opened his sky blue eyes, trying to adjust to the darkness. He groaned, trying to adjust to the sudden darkness. The figure in the room moved over to the window, it's hand pulling the curtains away to flood the room with moonlight.

Oh." Nagi muttered, rubbing his eyes as he saw the silhouette. "I didn't know it was you." The figure stayed quiet, looking outside the window with it's back turned. Nagi groaned lightly, looking at the light up clock on the wall.

"It's five o'clock in the morning!" Nagi whined. "Papa?" He asked, pushing himself out of bed. The dark figure stayed looking out the window in silence. Nagi tiredly walked over to him, looking up at him tentatively. He paused.

Sasuke's entire eye was bleeding, blood staining his face. His face was entirely dark, all sense of emotion gone from him. Sasuke looked down at him coldly, dried blood all over his clothes and soaking his shirt. Instinctively, Nagi took a step back in horror at his blood soaked shirt underneath his cloak.

"Get them up." Sasuke said quietly, looking at the three beds in the room. "We're leaving." He sat back down at the window sill in wait. Nagi stared at him, confused.

"Where's Momma?" He asked, tilting his head. Sasuke slowly turned to stare at him, his black eye turning red. "OKAY!" Nagi insisted, turning around quickly.

"None of you talk." Sasuke covered his eye, trying to quell the throbbing in his eye. "Just get up and get dressed now." He ordered, shaking his own head.

Nagi shook Ko awake, the little girl whining when she opened her eyes. "Why?!" She huffed, rolling over to cover herself again. Sasuke stood up abruptly, knocking over the plant on the window sill loudly. Everyone woke up, Ko glaring at the offending noise. "What's the big idea-!"

"I said.. GET UP!" Sasuke said harshly. Ko whimpered in fear at the clear fire in his eyes.

"Papa what happened? What's wrong?" Nagi whimpered, also fearful.

"Who's blood is that?" Jataro whispered. The kids received no answer. Sasuke growled, making them quickly scurry up out of bed.

"Okay, okay!" Jataro groaned, landed on his newly fixed leg. "Where are we going?" He asked Nagi, who shrugged. He was very confused about Sasuke's new attitude.

"He said we have to leave the village." Nagi frowned. "It's early." He added sadly. Sasuke shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't care." Sasuke huffed. "The whole village is on lockdown. And you said you have connections." Sasuke ran a hand through his matted hair, sweat dripping as the kids took an extra step away.

"You're acting scary." Ko whined. "Why are we up so early?"

"Just talk." Nagi insisted. "We'll listen but just talk please. You're covered in blood and I'm just worried." Nagi pleaded. "Please take a seat."

"We have to go. You heard me when I said the village is on lockdown." Sasuke clenched his fists.

"You look straightly volatile." Nagi shook his head. "Why are we on lockdown? I thought the threat was eliminated." Sasuke walked forward until he was towering over Nagi. Ko grabbed Nagi's arm on instinct, fear in her eyes.

"Sakura locked the hospital down because she doesn't want me to leave with you guys." Sasuke muttered quietly, trying to stay calm. He pointed to the dark hallway. "We need to leave the village and go after Y/N and her mother."