Chapter 62

"Dobe!" Sasuke called out, entering the charred clearing. There was embers burning everywhere atop the village. "Y/N!" He called out again, turning over a body. It was one of the clan people.

"Im here!" Naruto yelled, stretching over himself. He got up from the floor where he had been sitting crossed legged.  Sasuke swept over to him, his eyebrow raised. "I was waiting for you, I could sense you nearby. We should go." Naruto pointed in the direction they needed to go towards.

"So what's going on?" Sasuke looked around, seeing so many charred bodies. He could see the large, dead summoning animal that had crashed to the floor. "Where's Y/N?"

"She's safe for now." Naruto groaned. "Her mother got away." Sasuke suddenly growled, a fierce anger filling him. Naruto nodded. "I know."

"Lets go." Sasuke pulled Naruto to his feet, the two of them on guard. "What happened to the brother?" Sasuke looked around for him.

"I took down everyone here but him." Naruto leapt off the cliff, soaring hundreds of feet to the tall tree. He grabbed a branch, swinging around it to stand on it. "He's going after Y/N or the Queen. Probably both." Naruto added as Sasuke landed next to him.

"And you waited for me?" Sasuke raised his voice slightly as they started running through the snowy forest together. "Y/N's in trouble and your just sitting here."

"She's got Kurama with her." Naruto complained as Sasuke slammed his fist into his shoulder hard. Naruto didn't cease running, but whined slightly. "You hit so hard."

"I don't give a fuck who's with her." Sasuke huffed, annoyed to all hell. "We've got such fucking problems you don't even know the half of it."

"Are the kids safe?" Naruto asked. "Neji told me he left them with you and the others."

"No!" Sasuke snapped, punching a tree so hard as he passed that it shattered harshly. "That stupid fucking bitch Mother of hers took them. They're in big trouble if we don't finish this. That bitch is gonna use them against Y/N." Sasuke huffed, jumping harder.

"That must be where their heading then." Naruto insisted. "Neji went back to the village." Naruto frowned. "We're gonna need medical ninja."

Sasuke frowned. "Do you think Y/N will blame us if her boyfriend dies?" Sasuke asked suddenly. Naruto raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why?" Naruto narrowed his eyes. "Did you do something?"

"No!" Sasuke said angrily. "Shut up dobe. If that stupid Hyuga isn't careful he'll bring the army on him. Apparently the clan is spread out over the forest. We can stumble on them too."

"Neji's wounded." Naruto said nervously. "He went in your direction."

"He'll be fine then." Sasuke shrugged. "The dog and his friends are that way too. They'll find each other."

"Our friends." Naruto said slowly. "Let's push our trust in Neji that he'll be alright. If the kids are in bad shape we're gonna need immediate help."

"Naruto." Sasuke started. "The path I crossed was clear, but I was running so fast I didn't stop." Sasuke shrugged. "I don't want you thinking I'm letting my emotions get the best of me. I made sure the path was clear." He muttered. Naruto shot him a softer look.

"Trust me, we're gonna make sure everyone's okay and safe." He said softly. "You should have seen the fire in her eyes." Naruto said proudly. "I know she loses her way sometimes, but I think she wants to be stronger."

"It's not about being stronger." Sasuke huffed. "She won't let us fucking help." Sasuke stopped suddenly, his feet glued to the tree. He leaned against the large truck, frustrated. "She used to be happy all the time."