Chapter 189

Itachi came back, guiding Maddie by her bound arms. Y/N gasped, seeing the lacerations over her arms and face. "Don't look." Y/N told the kids, not wanting them to look at her in the state she was in. Itachi unlocked the door, pushing her in softly as he ripped her bidings away.

"I'm fine." Maddie said, even managing a small smile. "I didn't tell them anything." Maddie assured her, Y/N lowering her to the floor gently.

"What do they want?" Jataro huffed. "We don't have any information." Y/N shushed them, pushing a scroll towards Itachi.

"Can you help us? I have a first aid kit in here, some blankets, just the essentials." Y/N pleaded with him. Itachi took it, his hand lingering against hers. "Thank you." She nodded as he backed up, going through the sealing scroll. Y/N gently held Maddie's hand. "What did they do to you?" Y/N mumbled. Maddie shrugged, squeezing her hand back.

"Nothing I'm not used to." She assured her. "Physical pain is temporary, I assure you." Maddie chuckled lightly. Her face went softer. "The one with the scythe, he wanted to take the children." She whispered to Y/N. "We need to talk about what to do if they try to forcibly take them."

"He wants to use them against us, to make us talk?" Y/N questioned her. She nodded. "That fucking bastard."

"Here." Itachi took several blankets and pillows, and handed her the emergency blanket. "I didn't want to take too much, or they'll think you have a supplier." Y/N squeezed his hand through the bar as she walked over, smiling lightly. "It should be a bit more comfortable for you now." Itachi said warmly, a small smile at his lips.

"I don't care about me. Maybe the kids can sleep now." Y/N breathed with relief. "Guys, help me make a little bed." Ko picked up the baby who was awake now, drooling as the boys helped Y/N lay out blankets. "It's cold in here, but the kids can stay warm now." Y/N sat down. "This is perfect, thank you Itachi." Y/N smiled. The blankets took up most of the cell. "You don't have to stay down here." Y/N assured him. "We'll be fine now."

"I want to." Itachi said quietly, sitting in the chair up against the cell. "Just want to make everythings okay." Y/N nodded, covering the kids. "They're exhausted."

"I can stay up." Nagi said, wiping his eyes tiredly. "We don't know when they'll come back." Y/N patted his back, pushing him back down.

"No, you let mom worry about that. Maddie and I will take shifts." Y/N pointed to the blanket. "Maddie go ahead, you can lay down first." Maddie shook her head no. "Yes!" Y/N insisted. "Come on, you've been through alot. Let me heal your wounds." Maddie obliged, laying on her stomach as she held out her arm. "You're just a little girl." Y/N said sadly, Itachi watching her attend.

"You're so responsible now, it's weird knowing your my age now." Itachi chuckled. Ko walked over tiredly, the baby in her arms. "Do you want me to hold the baby? You look tired." Ko looked at Y/N, who gave a small nod, focusing on cleaning the lacerations.

"He likes it if you keep him up high on your shoulder like this." Ko showed him, patting the babys back. "And I'll give you his bink too." She walked over to the small opening at the bottom, holding the baby out. Itachi carefully picked him up, the baby cautious as he looked at him. Ko ruffled around in the baby bag, passing the bink through the bars. "Thank you." She said sweetly, laying down by her side.

Y/N looked up, Itachi turning the baby on all different sides. Artemis looked uncomfortable either way he turned, Itachi curious as to what was the best. He tried holding him up high, but Artemis was only interested in studying his face. Once he realized that Itachi was a stranger, he made a saddened face. Y/N giggled. "Itachi, you haven't held a baby since Sasuke was little, right?" Itachi nodded, a cautious look on his face. "He's just like him." Y/N giggled.