Chapter 41

Y/N awoke to another knock at the door. She knew because the kids were up, running around like maniacs. When a familiar head of silver hair popped in, she groaned as the door came crashing down. "Oops, sorry Y/N." Kakashi chuckled at her. "The kids are up, they're pretty entertained chasing Paku around. Sorry, they were watching tv quietly before." Kakashi chuckled, waving his tools in the air.

"Your good." She pushed herself up, a smile on her face. "I was just about to get up anyway. Did Naruto send you over for the door?"

"Yep." Kakashi chuckled. "Well he wanted to hire a crew and I told him not to bother, I could fix it." Kakashi chuckled. He instantly got to work, admiring the frame. Y/N stood up beside him, adjusting her sweater. "This looks like someone took a boot to it." He chuckled to himself.

Y/N frowned. "I know."

"Did you lock the door? You know how to pick a lock." Kakashi smirked. Y/N threw her hands up.

"I didn't do it, Naruto-kun did for some reason." Y/N walked out the room, off to find the kids. "Are you guys hungry?"

""WHOA!" Masaru almost crashed into her but evaded her at the last second, ducking between her legs. "Sorry Momma."

"Why are you running?" Y/N groaned, rubbing her temples. Paku went sprawling past her, his paws urgently trying to connect to the floor.

"Save me!" Paku cried. She grabbed him as he went zooming past. The kids following him almost crashed into her, but she evaded them well. Nagi went crashing into the wall, lifting his head up with a groan.

"Oh no." Y/N groaned, running to him immediately. The skin where he had connected to the wall was now broken, droplets of blood rushing down his nose.

"Don't panic Y/N." Kakashi chuckled, emerging quickly from the hall. "Boys will be boys, and kids will be kids." Kakashi looked her in the eye. "You've got nicked worse than this." Kakashi gestured to Nagi who was looking watery eyed.

"Those kids said they wanted to eat me!" Paku cried out, shivering in Y/N's arms as she passed him to Kakashi. She took Nagi's hand, leading him with her down the hall.

"We don't eat dog kiddos." Y/N announced loudly in the house, fixing Nagi with a soft look as she patted his head. "It's just bruised." She pursed her lips as she dabbed at his bloodied nose lightly.

"I wasn't really going to eat him, Momma." Nagi chuckled, but then winced in pain as his nose flexed.

"That wasn't very nice to say anyway." She chastised him. Nagi sighed but nodded. She wrapped his wound and put a bandage on it. She then sent him to his room.

"No books no tv." Nagi looked at her in shock.

"No, you guys just embarrassed me in front of Sensei. He already thinks I'm a failure." She pulled Nagi by the ear to his room.

"I'm sorry." Nagi whined as she locked him in his room. "Ko, you get in my room. Masaru, you got the living room. Jataro get your butt into bed. Thirty minutes." She commanded them. All the kids sulked into their places, Ko crossing her arms as she was forced to face the wall. "Nope, bad behavior isn't awarded. We don't tell our friends we'll eat them." Y/N pouted at her.

Ko sniffled, but Y/N gave her a glare. She didn't say anything.

"Nice job Y/N." Kakashi chuckled. Maybe you did a little more research then I thought you did." Kakashi murmured as she played with the tools.

"I told you I got this Kakashi." She sat down next to him, cross legged as she looked gloomy. "Where did Sasuke go?"

"Oh, he had to bring a message to the cloud village. I wouldn't be concerned about it." Kakashi murmured, twisting the screws shut on the door.