Chapter 106

Y/N walked through the quiet hallway, her face blank as she went slowly. She was getting a feel for the hall, ensuring there were no chakra signatures left. She didn't feel any more alarms, making her sigh with relief. Y/N held a hand to the first door, opening it.  She frowned, sensing it was locked. She turned it hard, but it required a key.

Y/N kept going. There were only a few doors along the hallway. She kept looking for a key or an unlocked door. She turned the handle to one, smiling as she realized it was unlocked. She froze.

She could hear a clear, loud giggle on the other side.

Y/N paused. She didn't like it. It was an innocent laugh, but the silence of the hallway was scaring her. Expecting to have to fight someone on the other side, she clenched her fist. Y/N slowly opened the door, not even air disrupting the quiet of the room.

Y/N frowned, looking at the wall with a displeased smile. The room was dark as could be. She raised her hand, chakra glowing from her fingertips. Y/N slowly walked in, looking around as she tried adjusting her eyes to the bitter darkness. She didn't like the giggle she had heard. "Hello?" Y/N called out. She half expected a child to pop out of nowhere as she peered in and around. It looked like a kitchen area, she thought to herself as she softly bumped into a counter.

"Ko, if you're playing a prank on me I'm going to cut your pigtails off." Y/N called absently. She felt the wall for a light switch, slowly dragging her hand along the area. She finally found it, clicking the light on to reveal the area. She blinked, her eyes quickly getting used to the area. Y/N frowned. She walked over, taking her finger along the counter.

Y/N quietly observed her fingers. "Just as I suspected. Not a speck of dust." Y/N murmured, opening the cabinets. They were all bare, she noted as she opened them. Y/N patted the knife in her back pocket as she looked around. "If there's someone here it's a good idea to come out." Y/N called out to them. She suddenly heard more laughter, a man's voice now. She clicked the light fast, exiting the kitchen as she closed the door behind her.

The voices were coming from the room next door. It was behind the locked door, Y/N realized as she neared. She gritted her teeth, leaning her head against the door as she knocked quickly. It didn't deter the laughter, and it appeared that no one was listening to her as she called out again. She quietly thought about knocking down the door, but decided that it would be more trouble than worth it.

"Alright creepy room, stay there." Y/N muttered quietly under her breath as she backed up. She found the next nearest door, opening the doorknob quickly. Y/N slid inside, finding the wall switch quickly as light flooded the room.

She frowned, her hands twisting as she played with the loopholes of her pants. It was his bedroom. She noted quickly as she moved forward. Y/N reached out, touching the satin sheets she had gifted him in their special tree a long time ago. She bit her lip, stroking the cleanly smooth fabric. The room was filled with a lot of objects, and she was sure she would find a lot that she wanted here.

She moved over to his bedside table, pulling it out. She found pictures. The small smile melted off of Y/N's face as she sat down, observing the small Polaroids she had taken with him on one of their dates. Everything was neatly wrapped and put away. She saw the bow she hadn't worn since she was sixteen years old, placed neatly away in his drawer like a shrine. Y/N put the picture away, going to the bottom drawer.

Y/N retracted her hand, seeing the necklace he had given her. When they stopped seeing each other, she had to agree to give it back. Y/N touched the smooth gold plate, placing it back in the dresser. She blushed, seeing letters they had written. "Come on, someone else." She grunted quietly, an eye on the door as she kept working quietly.