Chapter 139

Y/N put her hand to her mouth, shocked as he shook his head. He had a sobered look on his face as the kids entered behind him. "What happened?" She made a move to walk closer, but Boruto's hand wrapped around her arm, keeping her locked in place. "What's wrong with her?"

Kawaki took a deep breath, shaking his head. "I'm sorry." He repeated, making Y/N choke back a sob. "Guys, I can't do this." He looked at the kids in disgust. "It's cruel."

All of the kids burst into laughter, including Ko who was giggling in his arms. "What the fuck?!" Y/N muttered, staring in disbelief as Ko opened her eyes, her tiny body shaking in laughter.

"It was the kids idea." Kawaki snorted. "They thought it was funny." Ko sat up slightly, a weak but happy look on her face.

"I pranked you!" She giggled, pointing at her. Ko started coughing, covering her mouth with a sick look on her face.

"She's got poison in her system. I got the initial of it out but she'll need a real doctor." Kawaki muttered, Y/N shaking in anger from having been pranked. She tried to move forward, trying to wriggle out of Boruto's grip.

"Don't." He warned her. He looked at Kawaki with a stern look. "Pass them over." He ordered. Kawaki looked to his sides, the boys looking back at him. He tilted his head in Y/N's direction. "Now!" Boruto repeated. "We're leaving without a scuffle." He said slowly.

"Be gentle with her, she might throw up on you." Kawaki lowered Ko gently to the floor. She looked a hot mess, her hair strands slick with sweat as her face was paler than ever. She leaned against Masaru, wrapping their arms around each other to hold her up. Masaru snorted, nodding as he pushed Ko's face to the side.

"How are you going to get out of here?" Kawaki asked, an eyebrow raised as the kids slowly walked over. "You set off every trap down below, and the guards are on high alert." He muttered, the Otsutsuki children staying by his side as the kids walked slowly.

"We'll be fine." Sarada said smartly. Y/N ripped her arm out of Boruto's grip, picking up her daughter as she got closer. "Back up." She said, her fist clenching.

"I guess you better go upstairs then, to the vacant window in the tallest tower." Kawaki muttered, doing what they said as he pushed the kids back behind him. "Since the lower floors are flooded with soldiers."

"I said, BACK UP." Boruto snapped. "Don't act like you're just gonna let us walk out of here." He swiped his arm in front of him. Y/N felt Ko's forehead, a frown on her face. "Sarada, take the baby and go with the group. I'll hold him off."

"We're leaving." Kawaki shrugged. "Come on." He uttered, grabbing Rosemarie who was hesitating. He pulled her and the two boys with him.

"Boruto, stop this angst shit before I smack the shit out of you, nephew." Y/N said sarcastically. "She needs a doctor badly." Y/N showed him Ko's sweaty face.

"She's stable for now, but not for long if you don't give her real treatment." Kawaki muttered. "Highest floor you can go, there's a pull drawer in the hallway of the attic, pull it and scale down the building." Kawaki muttered. "I'm sure you have your way out from there." Boruto glared, nodding. "Then go." He pulled on the boys. "Let's find your parents."

"So that's it? You're just gonna let us walk out?" Sarada muttered. "Just like that?"

"Let's go!" Y/N repeated, Ko coughing again as she covered her mouth with a pained expression. She looked at Kawaki. "Thank you, for everything." She gave him a small smile.

He nodded to her, a small smile hidden on his face as he grabbed the kids and left, silence in the room as the ding of the elevator was the only noise. When they were fully alone, Boruto left out the breath he was holding. "Alright, let's look for another route." Y/N glared at him, already raising her hand. "Sorry, nevermind! We can try your way!"