Chapter 132

"Exuse me?" Y/N mumbled, confused as she stared at him. He had a subdued look on his face, nodding. "What do you mean we're going home?" He took a sip of his champagne, shrugging.

"I've been working for a while on this, but I think I finally can get them off your back." Kawaki explained. "I'm going to tell them you fought me, and then I'll use the leaf village as an unofficial base to please the elders." He explained, chuckling as he looked at her shocked face.

"What the fuck?" She asked, confused. "So we're going home?" She repeated, tilting her head. Kawaki nodded slowly.

"I'm gonna make a nice scene, tell them we can use you being at home for our advantage. That way, they think I'll have a direct line to the Leaf." He gestured to her drink. Y/N sipped it, confused.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You kept us here just to let us leave?" Y/N snapped, confusing as she hugged her champagne. Kawaki nodded.

"Technically I could have let you guys leave the very next day.. I'm sorry." He added. "But I had to think of a plan, and you're a terrible actor when it comes to us so I didn't want them getting suspicious." He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "This way everyone wins, we get married and we get you and the kids home without their interference." Kawaki shushed her, as Y/N looked like she had a million questions.

"Why would you bring us home?" Y/N looked at him confused. "What do you have to gain from that?" She was confused, shaking her head. "I can't believe this." She crossed her arms. "Why don't you just take us to that secret location you and Momoshiki kept talking about."

Kawaki snorted, rolling his eyes. "That was a lie, Y/N. I was never going to bring you guys off site. I'm taking you back to your village and leaving you guys there. I'm going to tell the elders that I will personally reunify myself with you, without their interference so we can gain the trust of the leaf." He crossed his arms. "Trust me, it'll work." He was looking at her, watching her frown as she thought to herself.

"So you're just letting us go? No fight? You didn't trust me to tell me?" Y/N said, confused as she glared at him.

"You didn't trust me, I don't see the problem." He chuckled. "Besides I didn't want to risk the kids blabbing about it and getting the plan found out. What do you think I've been doing all this time?" Kawaki chuckled. "Every mission I went out on? That was all to prepare for tomorrow night." He chuckled, nodding to himself. "I'm throwing a coup d'etat tomorrow."

"You're gonna attack the wedding?" Y/N frowned. "You didn't answer my question. Why would you do that instead of hiding us?" Y/N muttered.

"Because I told you last time we spoke two years ago." Kawaki looked at her with an eyeroll. "I would do my best to protect you, and that comes first." He assured her. "I have a little surprise for your bitch mom too." He rubbed his hands together evilly. "Oh it's gonna be excellent if she gets caught up in all the chaos."

"What are you going to do?" Y/N said incredulously. "Oh my god we're actually going home?" Y/N said incredulously. "I'll believe it when I see it." She added, staring at him. "You always have to be a smart ass and get my hopes up."

"Don't compare me to that twat." Kawaki chuckled. "You'll get what you want, you'll be home. I wouldn't lie about that shit to you."

"No, but you'll hold things back from me." Y/N said, looking at him. "Like the vials my mom gave me." Kawaki made a face, pursing his lips. "I'm fully aware of them."

"Look at you, always snooping through my shit." He rolled his eyes. "If you found them, then you know I trashed them." Kawaki shrugged. "I just kept sneaking some of that tea in your drink so you'd keep complaining to the maid about how sweet it was. She reports to your mom of course, and she got the council's approval of it." Kawaki looked at her. "I never gave it to you."