Chapter 69

A/N: Last update for a couple days. Just a few days nothing major. I normally once In a while will read the book from start to finish when an arc is over, looking for more details or plots i an elaborate on. I have so many ideas for this next arc and I'm so excited with how it's coming along I'm literally screaming 😂😂😂

Anywayyyy enjoyyy I'll see y'all in a few days since this book is now almost if not already 200K words 😂 it won't take long I don't have a life don't worry.

And omg happy thanksgiving!

Y/N stared at the door, thinking of simplier times. She was breathing out and in, tears streaming down her face. She was quiet about it, her hands tapping on her knees as she made little sniffles here and their.

The door handle moved, the sounds of someone trying to access the room. Y/N pushed Neji hard, disrupting him. "Hey-!" He sat up quickly as the door handle got loudly shaken.

He wrapped his arms around Y/N's shoulders,holding her as the door finally swung up. Y/N narrowed her eyes as her mother opened the door, a gleeful smile on her face. "Hello, I hope I'm not interrupting." Her mother smiled excitedly.

Neji shook his head no, playing along as he knew Y/N wouldn't. "We were just taking." Neji murmered, his hand still around her shoulder.

"Don't worry about. I'm only here to drop some items off with the maid." Her mother clapped her hands. A smaller child walked in, pushing a cart along nervously. "She's my favorite maid." Lady Miyu pinched the small child's cheeks lightly.

She blushed heavily, looking at the two on the floor. "Her name is Maddie. Don't let her looks deceive you, she's actually thirteen." Y/N stared blankly, not caring.

"She reminds me of you." Her mother brushed the girl's bright red hair back, revealing a grotesque scar behind her ear. "She's a fighter." Her mother looked right at Y/N, a smirk spreading across her lips.

"Don't." Neji shushed Y/N before she could speak, a hand on her shoulder still. "We're better then this." He whispered in her ear.

"Oh you are?" Her mother smiled eagerly. "Maddie make the bed. Y/N-Honey, these are our finest sheets and blankets." Her mother clasped her hands. "Derived from this one clan, I can't remember their name."

"My home clan." Maddie said quietly. "The one you conquered."

"Oh yes!" Lady Miyu snapped her fingers suddenly. "That one! Your people made a mighty fine satin." Her mother moaned happily.

"Piece of shit." Y/N muttered, shaking her head. Lady Miyu giggled.

"I know honey. I take good pride in it." She watched the young girl make the bed quickly, a blank look on her face.

"Your going to die." Y/N said quietly. "You will."

"Oh." Her mother tilted her head, curious. "And just who's going to do that?"

"Me." Y/N's mouth was covered by Neji quickly.

"Speak out of turn again, and I'll take your boy toy and punish him." Lady Miyu smiled happily. Y/N placed a hand over Neji's arm protectively, huddling closer to him. "Good girl." Her mother quipped, turning around.

Y/N looked up at Neji, visibly angry. Neji shook his head at her, trying to calm her down.

"I brought meals as well." Her mother sat down on the bed, looking down at her nails. "I came to talk to you in regards to your wedding." Her mother looked up at Y/N.  "What's your favorite color?"

Y/N pursed her lips together, annoyed. Neji gave her a look to play along. "F/C" Y/N muttered quietly, all for the sake of Neji. She had no care for herself, but as long as Neji was safe she would keep him that way.