Chapter 85

"What do you mean?" Y/N walked out into the kitchen the next morning, hearing Sasuke and Naruto argue quietly at the table. She sleepily stumbled into the hall, rubbing her eyes. "I can't change this mission, I've been putting it off for weeks." Sasuke muttered, crossing his arms.

"Kakashi's been bothering me too." Naruto frowned, scratching the back of his head. "Unfortunately I can't push this off." Y/N cleared her throat, making the guys look up to her.

"What are you two dorks talking about?" She pouted, crossing her arms as she looked annoyed. "I woke up cold." She complained with a silly smile suddenly.

"Naruto and I both have missions." Sasuke frowned, crossing his arms. "I'm gonna try to get Kakashi to give me a break." Sasuke frowned. "So you're not alone by yourself." Y/N looked incredibly offended.

"It's not like that babe!" Naruto held his hands up suddenly. "It's not that serious." He assured her. "We're not saying we don't trust you, but after all this drama with the Otsutsuki and of course there's a missing woman out there too." Naruto explained to her. "Plus you've been having nightmares still , we just don't want you alone." Naruto pouted. Y/N crossed her arms as Sasuke nodded.

"She slept alright last night." Sasuke muttered to Naruto. "She woke up freaking out once sometime after midnight a bit, but otherwise she was alright."

"Oh my god, I've been feeling fine." Y/N insisted, annoyed. "I don't need a babysitter while you two are on missions." She rolled her eyes, walking over to the fridge to grab some fruit for breakfast. Sasuke shot Naruto a look, and the two of them crossed their arms at her. She paused.

"Y/N you hated being alone. What are you going to do by yourself for the next couple of weeks?" Naruto questioned her. "I'm surprised you're not asking to come. You always ask us." Naruto said curiously. Y/N flashed them a tense smile.

"Tenten-Chan and I are going to be going to a festival." Y/N smiled happily. "We already had plans." Sasuke looked at Naruto for confirmation.

"I did hear the girls talking about it. Hinata's going too." Naruto confirmed, then a lightbulb seemed to go off in his head. "Wait I have an idea!"

"Uh no." Y/N muttered, taking a bite out of her apple. "I don't like where this is going."

"Why don't you just bring the girls over here, so you won't be alone?" Sasuke asked aloud. "That would make me feel better. And not just Tenten." Sasuke crossed his arms. "That little bitch lied for you." He narrowed his eyes in thought. Y/N took a deep breath through her nose, annoyed.

"Don't talk about my friend like that." She snapped at him. "Tenten cares about me." Y/N crossed her arms. "She wouldn't do anything that would put me in danger."

"Well I don't know, getting cozy with the Otsutsuki seems pretty dangerous to me." Sasuke mocked her back, tense feelings between them very apparent. "Listen Dobe, I don't want to leave Hinata to Y/N." Sasuke muttered. "She seems too soft just in case. Not saying I don't trust you." He directed at Y/N with a hand. She chewed her apple, uncaring.

"Are you sure, Sasuke. I know we have Y/N's best interest at heart, but maybe you're right." Naruto frowned, propping his chin on his hand. "I trust Y/N, I do." Naruto looked up at her as she visibly softened. "But I gotta admit, her nightmares are getting worse. Maybe it's best if we have Sakura stay, so she can look Y/N over again." Y/N spit her apple out into the sink, blinking.

"Yeah, and Sakura won't lie to me about Y/N." Sasuke looked back at Y/N, seeing her back suddenly twitch. "Got a problem sweetie?" He teased her. Y/N flipped him off.