Chapter 103

Not much was said at dinner. Everyone was dancing around the fact that most of them were captured. Nagi stared at his mother's happy face as she talked. He wondered if she was genuine. He clenched his fists, wanting to know if she was wearing a mask. He risked a glance at Kawaki, watching as the man paid attention to her, nodding with an emotionless face.

Nagi reached over, grabbing Y/N's hand under the table. She looked at him, surprised. She smiled at him. "Nagi, calm down." Y/N whispered aloud as she leaned over. "I can see your brain working a mile a minute. There's practically steam coming out of your head." Y/N kissed his forehead, smiling brightly at him.

Nagi took a deep breath, changing another look at Kawaki. He looked boredly at Nagi, then looked away. Nagi nodded At Y/N, trying to stay calm. "I'm fine, mommy."

Y/N frowned, understanding. "It's okay if you aren't." She murmured to him. "I know it's hard." She whispered. Nagi nodded.

"Im not hungry." Nagi pushed his plate away, standing. He walked away, letting go of her hand as he started making his way to his bedroom.

"Do you let him talk to you like that?" Kawaki asked her as she frowned. "Last time I checked, the child shouldn't be allowed to excuse himself when you're clearly speaking with him." Kawaki's fork clanged against his plate, the silence in the room making it sound loud. Ko looked at Y/N, an uneasy look on her face.

"Well he's upset." Y/N frowned. "I am too." She added. "He wants to be with his father."

"That can be arranged." Kawaki said lightly. "That's not a problem."

"He wants to be with me too." Y/N looked up at him, all traces of cheerfulness gone from her plate. "It's not fair, Kawaki." Y/N frowned.

The kids put down their silverware, all looking equally unnerved. Kawaki sighed, placing a hand on his face. "Are you kids done?" He asked them. Together they nodded quietly. "Go to your rooms. They're a little big but I'll bring pajamas until we can get you guys some clothes." He waved them off slightly.

"Bullshit!" Y/N crossed her arms as the kids left quickly, scattering to follow Nagi. "Kawaki you can't keep us here to play your little fantasy act."

"I told you we would talk alone." Kawaki said quietly. "We shouldn't argue in front of the children." He crossed his arms. "Don't know how Sasuke does it, but that's not how I run things." Y/N looked up at him, hearing a quick snap in his voice.

"Don't get an attitude with me." Y/N sucked her teeth as she stood quickly. "You lost that right when you told me you'd be right back, and left me for years!" Y/N growled. Kawaki groaned, running a hand down his face. "Then you have the nerve to think I'm going to sleep period, let alone in the same room as you." She shook her head at him. "What are you planning now?" Y/N crossed her arms.

"I can't let Sasuke come here." He said quietly. "Unfortunately I have to challenge him to a battle."

"Nice choice of words." Y/N glared. "More like hunt him down and try to kill him so there's no resistance over whatever you have planned. What else?" She leaned closer when he stayed quiet.

"Were you spying on me?" Kawaki asked. "You overheard me with him?"

"So what if I did?" Y/N huffed. Maddie whistled as she collected the plates. "I mean it's about me, Kawaki. I sure will be listening and paying attention." Kawaki sighed as she continued to argue with him.

"Can we get the children to bed, then talk?" He questioned. "We'll talk, I promise." Kawaki sighed. "But I only want to talk to you." He muttered, peering at her. Y/N glared, nodding.