Chapter 55

Ko and Neji landed lightly, rolling into the nearest bush outside the camp. Neji's eyes were sharp. He pointed out two nearby guards. "You look like you have a plan." He quietly whispered. Ko nodded. She pointed at a large cart in the middle of the camp.

"I have a bomb." Ko muttered, gesturing to the backpack. "I need to place it on the cart."

Neji motioned for her to be quiet, a heavy look on his face as men came closer, leering and laughing. "What are they talking about?" She whispered to him. Neji stayed quiet, shaking his head.

"Some men just enjoy seeing people scarred." Neji whispered to her. "They're talking about hurting some people very badly."

"I know what they're talking about." Ko rolled her eyes lightly at the two guards. "They're gonna pay for what they're planning to do."

"Your right." Neji nodded. "I won't let them get the chance." He promised her. "Can you do this, or do you want me to?"

"Thanks Prince charming." Ko whispered teasingly. "I've got this." She immediately crawled out the bushes, her cloak over her head to help her blend into the darkness. She got on her stomach, slowly crawling across the long grass, Neji watched her from afar  to help out if needed.

Ko grit her teeth, seeing an opening for the cart. She took off her backpack, looking inside quickly. There was a block of C-4 inside. She grabbed a pair of pliers and got to work, preparing the bomp quickly.

"Hey!" A loud yell happened as people came running. "Did you hear what happened?"

"What happened?" One of the guards Neji was behind spit as someone came running in.

"That coward Ayato betrayed us, just got word from the queen." Gasps all over the camp occurred. Neji narrowed his eyes, listening to them talk.

"The Queen said to be prepared. It's possible her first born daughter is on her way here. A squad of our people disappeared."

"Which one?" One said, extremely hostile. "The ones in the village festival."

"The ones that were sent to the mansion." Neji watched Ko enter the clearing, her little feet running fast as she climbed onto the large cart. He narrowed his eyes as he listened. "Those kids should be dead by now and they should have been back."

"You're kidding me. Those assholes couldn't even handle a few children?" One of the men laughed loudly. "They probably just got held up."

No." The guard breathed. "No way. The queen hasn't been able to make contact with them at all.."

Ko grabbed her remote, finally done setting the chargers. Neji grinned with relief as she sneakily ran back into the shadows, nothing but a wave of her cloak symbolizing her. Neji moved back, ready to find his way to her. He paused, hearing a large smack.

"I've got one!" Someone called, and the group of people ran over to the noise. Neji froze, seeing Ko surrounded. She was holding her cheek, her eyes narrowed as she was suddenly surrounded by over a dozen of them.

"Well, well, well." Someone chuckled. "She fits the profile the Queen sent over. Maybe I was right when I said they didn't make it."

"There's no way, this little bitch?" Someone chuckled at the thought. "There's no way they escaped. She has to be just another kid."

"Who cares?" Someone leered at her, making her crawl backwards slightly. "She's cute."

"I am." Ko giggled, her remote still in her pocket. "I'm sorry, I must have gotten lost." She feigned cutely. She made eye contact with Neji, who started to stand. She quickly shook her head no, making him crouch back down. His back was tense as he watched over her, watching her giggle slightly.