Chapter 117

Double Upload today because I am definitly not uploading tommorow I'm playing my game 😭😭

Y/N frowned, pouting at Kawaki as he towered over her. "No." She mumbled, looking back at the closed door. He tilted his head, confused. "They're sleeping." She said gently. He smiled, shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm just going to drop this off by their bed." Kawaki said tiredly, pointing to a large black bag by the couch. "It's just some extra training gear I picked up." Y/N's head was spinning, frustrated as she grabbed him by his bicep. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"But I wanted to spend time with you." She said innocently, batting her eyelashes up at him. "And if you wake them up, I won't have you all to myself." Y/N said sadly. Kawaki blinked, observing her.

"You want to spend time with me?" He smirked, leaning down until his head was against hers. "Did you miss me that much?" He added, rubbing her hair behind her ears. Y/N nodded, leaning into his warm grip.

"How was your day?" She asked, grasping his hand in hers. She pulled him slightly towards the hallway, walking with him to the bedroom. She let go, her hands nervously touching their tips as he smiled back at her.

"Long." He said, looking away from her. "Very long." He added. "I spent all day in the fields, just monitoring the troops. No interaction." He sighed. "Then I come back to hear there's some unexpected explosions in the lower levels." He shook his head, running a hand down his face as they entered the bedroom. Y/N's face stayed blank, her eyebrow raising.

"Explosions?" She asked, fear in her voice. Kawaki looked back at her, cupping her cheek gently. "No way." She added.

"Nothing you have to be worried about." He rubbed her cheek warmly. "It's just some guardians going astray, most likely." He muttered, leaning his forehead down towards hers. "Structure is safe, and no one from outside." He kissed her forehead, feeling the warmth. Her face was hot, clear worry on her face as she thought of the children. "Stop it." He teased her. "You've got that worried look about you. It's only small reports. My soldiers are working on it." He let go of her, turning to his closet. She was at his back, nodding.

"The spiders?" She asked, making him nod. "You keep some here?"

"Oh yeah. In the very bottom layers, just as a security precaution." He muttered, searching through his closet. "Anyway, how was your day? Did you like the new dress I submitted?" He asked over his shoulder. Y/N nodded, folding her hands together.

"Thank you." She said quietly, her mind elsewhere. She took a deep breath, realizing she had to just trust them. If she could buy time for them, it would be in their best interest. He turned around, seeing her beam at him with a big smile. "It belonged to your mother?" She questioned him. Kawaki never spoke off his mother. She thought to herself. He spoke of his dad, but he was an abusive asshole, and his trainer. Kawaki threaded his fingers in between hers, nodding softly.

"I hope you don't mind. I just had a feeling she'd want you in it." Kawaki squeezed her hand with a smile. "Now, I have to get a shower." He yawned. "I'm pretty sure you don't want me in bed like this." He gestured to his dirty clothes. Y/N pouted, reaching out to him. She didn't want to let him out of her sight. Y/N stepped forward, his hand still in hers as she took a deep breath, thinking of the children.

"I want to come with you." She murmured, her face starting to get hot. Kawaki raised an eyebrow at her in shock. "I do." She repeated.

"No." He chuckled. "I didn't hear that right." He pulled at his ear, twisting it. "Say that again?" He asked her. Y/N took a deep exhale, rolling her eyes.

"We should shower together, and bond together." Y/N said simply, crossing her arms at him. "I mean we don't get to spend a lot of time together, because you're always working." She looked pointedly at him. Kawaki blinks three times.