Chapter 95

Y/N awoke to a hand on her back, slamming itself into her shoulder blades. Y/N coughed hard, her fingers curling as she vomited up all the salt water she had swallowed. She took gasping breaths, her eyes struggling to open as she rolled onto her back, the night air cold and stifling.

"Gotchu." Was whispered in her face, hands cupping her cheek. She opened her eyes, blinking to clear them. She gasped.

"Naruto!" Y/N screamed. "Oh my god! I died." Naruto hit her hard on the shoulder, shaking his head at her.

"Stop looking so happy about it! And you're not dead." Naruto laughed suddenly, relief in his eyes. "I came here as soon as I could." Naruto pulled her up and into his lap, surveying her. "Are you feeling okay?" He asked her, running a hand through her soaked hair.

Y/N hugged him tightly, a flood of emotions within her. "I thought I'd never see this dopey smile again." Y/N sobbed, just nuzzling him as she clutched him tightly. Naruto let her hold him, wrapping his arms around her as he rocked her back and forth.

"I'm okay." Naruto kissed her forehead, rubbing her back tightly. "I came as soon as I could. They made me stay for an extra night at the hospital to make sure I was ready to come meet you guys." Naruto squeezed her, the two of them collapsing on the sandy beach.

"You have no idea how relieved I am." Y/N whimpered. "So much has happened." She ran a hand through his fluffy hair, as if he was a ghost. "You're actually here!"

"I am!" Naruto chuckled. "I would be with you all the time if I could." Naruto whispered against her. "I hope you know that."

"I know." Y/N sniffled, wiping her nose.  "Sasuke." She looked around. "Where is he?"

"I didn't see anyone else yet. I was going to ask you that." Naruto looked worried suddenly. "Y/N your hands are burned up." He frowned, grabbing them. "You need medical attention."

"And I'll get it later." Y/N rolled out of his grip, sitting up. "The kids and Sasuke are around here somewhere." Y/N mumbled.

"Then let's go get them." Naruto got on his knees. "Hop on." He smiled at her, and her entire heart filled with love as she scrambled onto his strong back. He stood, his arms cupping underneath her legs. "I saw some boats earlier."

"That's them with the prisoners!" Y/N gasped. "Take me to them." She pulled on Naruto's head lightly.  He chuckled upwards to her.

"Y/N we have to talk about something." Naruto frowned. "It's about Sasuke." Y/N frowned, still stroking the soft hair on Naruto's head.

"What about him?" Y/N asked. Naruto sighed, still walking along the cold beach.

"He lost control. He killed a few people, Y/N. Leaf citizens, some of my anbu." Naruto explained, looking hurt. "Y/N there's people calling for him to be imprisoned."

Y/N's face paled completely, horrified. "What are you talking about? Sasuke wouldn't do that! Not after all the work we did to clear his name." Y/N defended him. "Whoever said that about him is lying."

"Y/N he left his kunai at the scene." Naruto frowned. "Trust me I tried to tell them otherwise. I'm doing the best I can." He frowned, shaking his head. "I know in my heart he didn't mean it."

"Sasuke." Y/N frowned. "There's no way. He isn't dangerous." Y/N frowned, upset. Naruto nodded, rubbing her legs that were clutching his waist.

"Babe we know that. He just gets upset sometimes." Naruto frowned, looking down at the floor. "But he's gonna have to answer for what he did." Y/N held her hand to her mouth.

"We can't do anything?" She sighed. "Naruto, I can't believe this."

"It's the kunai I got him." Naruto frowned. "The one specially made with his name on it." Naruto frowned. "He never lets anyone touch that." Naruto frowned. "Not that I wanna suspect him but."