Chapter 146

Y/N sat down with the baby, a tired look in her eyes as she peeked at the intense room. The patio Sasuke had talked about was dark, a bonfire glowing in the firepit as the kids were gathered tightly around it listening to Sasuke tell a spooky story. Y/N rolled her eyes, sitting down with the baby. He was dressed in his fluffy snowsuit, clapping his hands lightly as he played with his mitten gloves. It was a little chilly in the room, but only for him.

    "Nice of you to join us." Sasuke said darkly, mocking her as Y/N narrowed her eyes back to him.

    "Mom!" Jataro pulled on her slightly. "Come sit by the fire with us. Papa was telling us about the Boogeyman." He said excitedly as Y/N nodded.

    "I was only coming to check on you guys." She waved to Sarada who was putting together smores. "You want to watch the baby for me while I sit with Ko? It's not fair she can't do anything." Y/N muttered,lifting the baby with a small smile. Artemis had on his fluffy hood, kicking his fluffy sock foot. "I think he misses you." She said quietly to Sasuke. Sasuke nodded, opening his arms. Artemis went over willingly, waving his wrist. "That's one of his favorite toys." She said quietly.

    Sasuke nodded, cradling the infant in his arms. "If you dress her warmly can she come down? She was upset earlier." Sasuke said quietly. Y/N sighed. "I mean, it's warm here." He frowned at her, gesturing to the glass patio they were in.

    "Alright." She gave in, the boys cheering. "I'll send her downstairs." Y/N smiled lightly, knowing she was outnumbered as the boys jumped up.

    "I'll walk you." Sasuke said quietly, walking over to Sarada. "Watch the baby and tell the boys stories." He told her, Sarada nodding as she cuddled the baby happily.

    "Awww, his fluffy clothes!" Sarada squealed. Artemis squealed with her as he was heavily cuddled.

    "What happened to the boogeyman? He really hides in the closet?" Jataro asked her excitedly as Sarada shuffled over to the fires glow, Artemis smiling happily at them. Y/N made a face as she left the porch with Sasuke, an exasperated look on her face.

    "Sasuke." Y/N groaned lightly. "Your telling the boys there's something hiding in their closets now." She laughed, Sasuke smirking evilly as he looked back to the glass patio. It was storming like a menace outside, icy water pouring down in buckets on and around the high glass walls and windows. "You know their gonna wanna crowd my bed." Y/N chuckled, walking up the stairs with him. Sasuke shook his head, an evil look on his face as he nodded.

    "What a shame, maybe I'll have to sleep with you too." Sasuke shrugged nonchalantly, Y/N shaking his head at her. "Y/N, come on." He chuckled at her. "I'm just playing with you." He teased her.

    "Yeah, yeah." Y/N laughed, shrugging her shoulders as she opened the door to Ko's room. Ko was sitting up, her eyes on the wall. "Hey baby!" Y/N greeted her happily. Ko looked at her suddenly, a blank look in her eyes. "Wanna go downstairs?" Ko was quiet as Y/N and Sasuke approached her. She nodded.

    "What's wrong kid?" Sasuke asked as Ko shook her head, shrugging her shoulders.

    "Nothing." She said quietly. "Thank you." She rushed past them, grabbing her coat as she went running down the hallway. Y/N blinked, confused as she walked out of the room with Sasuke.

    "Well, that was strange." Y/N shut the door behind her, a small smile on her face. "I liked the decorations." She smiled, Sasuke giving a small nod. "She likes her unicorns." Y/N smiled slightly. "We're going back to the bonfire now, I guess." Y/N went to walk, but Sasuke grabbed her arm. "Or not?" She sighed, knowing he wasn't going to let up.