Chapter 78

Y/N lifted her head, silent as the door opened. Maddie looked in at her, shaking her head in sadness as she lowered the tray of food in front of Y/N. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry." Maddie pushed the tray closer to the girl. Y/N didn't look at it, too upset to eat.

Her arms were tied tightly in front of her, painfully snug as she was forced to kneel before the girl. "When did we leave?" She could feel the subtle gentle sway of the boat moving. Y/N looked up at the girl with a cold look in her eye.

Maddie gulped, seeing the intense bloodlust directed to her. "Just a few minutes ago." She wrangled her hands together. "Your friends are alive. We managed to lead them away." Maddie mumbled, her eyes on the floor. "The two from the sand." She mumbled.

"Gaara and Konkoro. They have names." Y/N said with a slight attitude. "And what about Neji?" Y/N glared. "What about MY Neji?" Y/N scowled darkly. Maddie frowned, her lips bubbling with guilt.

"He passed, Princess." Maddie said, her hands clenching darkly. "With a smile on his face as he died in your arms." Maddie squeaked out, Y/N nodding.

"I know. Did you put me in that genjutsu?" Y/N mumbled, a glare on her face.

"If I didn't, you would have killed the Queen." Maddie said guilty. "You were so close to destroying the land, I couldn't let that happen. No more innocent people have to die." Maddie frowned, her hands cupping the floor. "I never intended for that to happen."

"Well it did." Y/N frowned. "It did and he's gone and you helped take him from me." Y/N whimpered. "How could you do that to us?" Y/N whimpered, her hands clenching hard. "He was so much better than me, it should have just been me." Y/N glowered.

"It's not me! It's the Queen." Maddie insisted. "She never intended to let Neji leave the ship." Maddie whimpered. "I hope you know that." Maddie whimpered more. Y/N looked down on the floor. "She only brought him along for one reason. It was to hurt you when more." Maddie clawed her hands. "She did the same to me." Y/N's head snapped up to face her.

"Are you kidding me? And you still defend her." Y/N gritted her teeth. "How dare you try to gain sympathy from me."

Maddie frowned. "My little sister is still alive. She promised me if I delivered you safely, she'd heal her of her injuries." Maddie bowed lowly. "She has a serious disease, and the clan has the elixir that will heal her."

"You're full of shit." Y/N scoffed. "You think I'm going to believe that."

"I swear!" Maddie pleaded, looking up at her. "It's the only reason I'm trying so hard to convince you to go willingly."

"You really believe if this is true she's going to do that for you?" Y/N scoffed. "Look at what she does to her own blood!" Y/N snapped. "I'm nobody's sacrifice." Y/N glowered. "You make me sick."

"I was just trying to tell you I feel so bad for you." Maddie frowned. "The Queen treats me well for a servant. You must admit that."

"She needs you. It's different." Y/N scoffed. "When she doesn't, you better watch your back." Y/N crossed her arms. "She's going to die, and you're going to die with her unless you reconsider." Y/N glowered. "I will kill her." Y/N added darkly.

Maddie frowned. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that. Not now at least."

"And I'm sorry." Y/N interjected. "You're gonna pay for this too. You're not innocent." Y/N made her flinch as she leaned forward hard, the chains restricting her from coming too close. "I hope you know that."

"Princess.. I'm curious." Maddie frowned, sitting close legged in front of Y/N. "Will you amuse me?" She said innocently, batting her eyes. Y/N shrugged.