Chapter 169

Y/N was shaky now, wringing her hands as she thought to herself. She looked away from him, Kawaki watching her curiously from his spot on the bed. She was sure he thought she was crazy, Kawaki tilting his head at her curiously. "Is everything okay? You never just come after me in the day." He said softly, Y/N looking at him.

"Um, yeah." She scratched the back of her head, nervous. "I just came from the hospital." Kawaki looked at her, a worried look in his face. "I'm fine." She assured him.

"Is it the kids?" He asked. "The baby?" He continued. Y/N shook her head no. "Then what's wrong? Just tell me." Y/N breathed deeply, facing him as she fixed him with a stern look.

"Why didn't you tell me I could get pregnant again?" Y/N asked him. "My mom said you knew." She added softly. Kawaki sighed.

"Is this what that's about?" He muttered, a nervous look on his face. "She's saying stuff about me?"

"Did you know?" She questioned him, crossing her arms. "Or didn't you? I just want the full story." Y/N said. Kawaki sighed, looking away from her. "So you knew." She muttered, shaking her head.

"Yeah I knew. She mentioned it during a meeting where she wanted me to do alot to you." Kawaki muttered, looking back at her. "She wanted me to drug you and basically rape you, and I didn't do either of that." Kawaki said quickly. "I would never." Y/N nodded, remembering the crushed vials in the closet she and the kids had found. "I got rid of them. I would never force you to do anything you didn't want to do."

"But why would you keep something like that from me?" Y/N asked, concerned. "You knew how important having kids was to me." Y/N said. "That doesn't make you look any good, knowing the plans the clan wanted you to have."

"Yeah, yeah I know." He stood up, walking closer to her. "It doesn't make up for what I kept from you, but would you really have trusted me if you knew what they did?" Kawaki asked her. Y/N frowned. "Would you have let me get as close to you as I am now? I just wanted a fair chance, that's all." He said quietly, reaching out for her.

Y/N flinched away, Kawaki retracting his hands. "I don't understand you sometimes." She said quietly. "Why are we using protection if you want me to have your baby?"

"I don't! That's what I keep trying to tell you!" Kawaki shook his head. "I'm trying to protect you. I would never force you to conceive with me." Kawaki said, trying to calm her down. Y/N's head was spinning, confused. "I want your consent."

"But why are you keeping things from me? Like the damn drugs!" Y/N frowned. "Why aren't you just telling me?" Y/N asked, her heart beating fast. "Why couldn't you tell me what her plans were. Or what yours were? You always have to talk in damn riddles." Y/N muttered, her hands shaking as she squeezed them shut.

"Calm down." He whispered to her. "I was doing what I could to get you and the kids out of there. I couldn't risk getting found out, Y/N." He whispered, cupping her face. Y/N frowned, him leaning his forehead against hers. "Honestly, those things were the last things on my mind. It was all about getting you guys out safely. And maintaining that safety." He kissed her forehead. Y/N stepped back, upset. "It's okay." He tried shushing her.

"No it's not. I'm so frustrated." Y/N took a deep breath. "There's just so much going on right now." He watched her pace back and forth, her arms wrapping around her sides.

"I'm sorry." Kawaki said softly, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "I was going to let you know when things calmed down." He squeezed her gently, Y/N gripping his arms as if to keep herself from floating away. "It's going to be okay. Just keep talking." He said in her ear, Y/N taking a deep breath.