Chapter 122

"Have a good day." Maddie waved at the boys, smiling. "I'm going to be awfully busy today, but I'll come around lunchtime to check on you boys." She patted their backs, pushing them lightly towards the door. Nagi sighed, looking over his shoulder at her.

"You're being awfully excited today." He frowned at her. "You said you'd come and train with us." He pulled her hand lightly.

"I was going to do something fun with you guys, but I heard you boys are on punishment." She teased them, pushing them forward again. "Come on guys, go right inside." She chuckled at them. Masaru glared at her. "You boys better be practicing. I want you to focus more on rockwall climbing, okay?" She asked them. "You're oddly quiet today." She turned to Jataro with a sweet smile. He frowned at her.

"Whatever." He shrugged. Maddie frowned, looking at Nagi.

"We're in a bad mood." He said dryly. "Ko was a total B word last night." Nagi glowered. "She's the reason we got in trouble." He crossed his arms. Maddie frowned, patting their heads.

"Oh I'm sure she didn't mean it." Maddie smiled. "You guys are always together, like birds of a feather." She teased.

"She's gonna be together with my fist when I catch her. Mom smacked the hell out of me because of her." Masaru glared. "Girls are so disgusting." He huffed, looking away. Maddie smiled, ruffling his head.

"You guys will be okay, sillys." She teased, shaking her head. "Now come on, go get to work." She ordered them, waving them off as the boys ran, sighing together.

"Today is so ass." Jataro frowned. "It's too quiet." He groaned, walking immediately over to the rock wall. Nagi nodded, climbing up after him. "I wish we could go home now."

"Well we can't." Nagi frowned. "We still have much more work to do." He jumped hard, scrambling onto a nearby foam bridge. "I mean, we only started! Did you feel the adrenaline?" He chuckled darkly, swinging his legs. Masaru easily leapt onto the foam bridge, tucking and rolling to a stop. Nagi swung himself up and over, falling on his back lazily. "This sucks, normally we have Ko here to bother the hell out of us."

"And she didn't make my muffins either!" Jataro scoffed. "I mean I get it, we were annoying but come on!" He pouted, crossing his arms.

"I can't believe she volunteered to leave." Masaru narrowed his eyes. "I mean she forgot to tell me to wear deodorant today! And she didn't pack our weapons." He groaned, remembering suddenly as he threw his pack down. It was empty. Nagi sighed, nodding as his back was flat on the bridge. He looked up, feeling someone watching him.

Rosemarie landed on the foam bridge, making it shake and wobble as she landed roughly, jumping from the gap across the wall. "Hey guys!" She waved, walking over. Jataro looked at her, snorting.

"Did my mom get you too?" He asked, lifting up his shirt. Rosemarie's eyes widened, seeing the firm handprint still on his skin. "God she hits hard."

"Well you told her to fuck off." Masaru snorted. "You gotta beg for mercy in those situations." He laughed at Jataro. Jataro lunged forward, socking Masaru in the shoulder. He yelped, rubbing it hard.

"No, I didn't get beat." Rosemarie smiled. "Daddy was too busy." She sat down. "Why did you guys get in trouble last night? Was that the plan?" She asked them, sitting next to them as they all collapsed.

"Nope." Nagi popped his lips. "Sometimes girls get in a mood, and it's hard to tell why." He looked at the ceiling. "I mean, it's kinda hard sometimes to decipher." Rosemarie nodded.

"My moms the same way. If she caught me sneaking out, she'd be way stricter." She smiled. "Where's pigtails, she doesn't need to be babysat today?" She tilted her head, confused. The boys narrowed their eyes at her.