Chapter 82

Kawaki cocked an eyebrow at Y/N, watching her as she was curled up on his bed reading a book. She looked very at home, chewing absently on her fingernail as she lovingly read. He was sitting at the other side of his large bed, observing her. Y/N felt his eyes on her, making her run her hand to pull her hair behind her ears.

Kawaki blinked, studying her. "Oh." He muttered, pushing his own book away from him. She raised an eyebrow, looking up at him. "You're hurt. I knew there was something weird with you." Kawaki muttered, moving over to her. He crawled over to her as she looked at him confused.

"I was wearing special gloves this time so I didn't burn myself too bad. They heal me over time, my friend Sakura got me them for Christmas." Y/N explained, holding up her hands. "I'm used to the electricity, but fire isn't something I use often if at all." Y/N said sheepishly as he settled in right next to her. She blushed as he grabbed her face without asking, tilting it to the side.

"It's not your hands." He said, confused. "Who hit you?" He frowned. "Were you sparring before you got here?" He asked, taking a finger and touching the offending mark on her.

"Someone hit me?" Y/N questioned aloud. "That's news to me." She sheepishly said. "What is it?" She questioned him. Kawaki looked it over, his hands pawing at her throat softy.

"You don't have to be nervous." He carefully touched her neck. "I'll be gentle, hold on." He let go of her and left the room, rummaging around in the training room loudly. Y/N frowned, touching her neck. She didn't feel any pain, and her mirror was in her bag. She sighed, reaching over to grab it.

She grabbed the tiny compact mirror she kept in case of emergencies, and opened it to observed herself. She gasped, admiring the huge bruises trailing from her collar to her neck. There was only two, but they were blistered and bruised badly.

"That bastard." She whispered harshly under her breath. While Sasuke and her hadn't had sex, they still made out intensely the night prior. She touched where he had kissed her, glaring at it in the mirror. Y/N had a very strong feeling he had purposely placed them there to be found.

Y/N glared at the mirror. One of the established rules between them were no physical marks, including hickeys. It would give someone's partner hints away greatly. She guessed Kawaki was telling the truth, he didn't see girls very often, and was ignorant to a hickey. She sighed with relief as he came back with a cold pack.

"Here." He muttered, gesturing for her to lay down. She did as he said, turning herself sideways to make more room for him.

"I can hold it myself, Mr." Y/N said greatfully, reaching out for the cold compress. Kawaki shook his head, placing it himself.

"I've got it, you can keep reading." Kawaki explained, lightly giving her the book. Y/N smiled greatfully, getting comfortable as he pressed the cold packet to her neck for her. "If your coming to visit me tommorow, don't come until tommorow night." Kawaki muttered.

Y/N sighed tiredly, feeling relaxed. "Why, what's up?" she asked him as he removed the pack, giving her a break.

"I have to leave tommorow. I've got a meeting with the clan." Kawaki muttered, settling himself next to her. They were laying side by side, Y/N rolling onto her back so she could look at him.

"Oh." She muttered. "You mean the aliens."

"Yes." He smirked, rolling his eyes. "The bigoted ones your village hates." He explained, nudging her shoulder. "Ill be back late tommorow. You can still visit, I mean if you want." He teased her lightly. "Unless you want to skip out on our training again."