Chapter 75

"Papa?" Nagi asked, the boat ride back was quiet. They had received a lot of information, and had to calculate their next move. "Who is Kawaki?" Nagi asked. Sasuke looked up from the sea, his eyebrow cocked rudely. "Why does Momma have to marry him?"

"A stupid kid." Sasuke huffed, rolling his eyes. "He met her on a mission." Sasuke explained further, crossing his arms. He leaned over, brushing Nagi's cheek. "You've got blood on you." He muttered.

"Yeah, I figured as much." Nagi murmured, pointing to Sasuke's cloak. "But why does he want to marry her?" Nagi asked. Sasuke pursed his lips, crossing his arms.

"Well.. It's kinda complicated." Sasuke murmured, the kids all gathering at his feet as he told the story. "Me and... Naruto. Were direct descendants of the original chakra clan. However, we're descendents of the saviors of the world, the sun and the moon." Sasuke explained, removing his glove. The kids stared in shock at the moon inscribed into his hand.

"Wait a minute, I think I know what you're talking about." Nagi murmured. "I think I read it in a book!" Nagi said excitedly, his eyes sparkling at the word book.

"Bookworm!" Masaru teased him. "What does that have to do with the target?" Masaru asked Sasuke. Sasuke traced his palm with his finger, in deep thought.

"The two of us are the descendants of Hagoromo, the son of Kaguya which was the founder of the Otsotsuki clan. We fought her in the war." Sasuke explained. Nagi nodded excitedly.

"That's where the clan Kawaki comes from." Nagi explained to the children, who nodded.

"Now Y/N, she is a direct descendent of the wife of Hagoromo." Sasuke explained. "She has a chakra tattoo on her palm." Sasuke explained softly, looking up at the night sky. "All three of us share special connections, and hold a strong power. Y/N.. Her star burned out a long time ago." Sasuke said quietly, staring up at the sky. "She never told me but I could see it in her eyes that she stopped fighting for herself a long time ago. It's my fault, I ignored it." Sasuke shrugged sadly.

"Papa, stop blaming yourself." Nagi said. "The past is the past. Whether you knew it or not." Nagi said softly. "It's no use putting yourself down."

"Well anyway." Sasuke muttered. "The Otsutsuki believe in reviving the divine tree, a chakra tree that will put everyone in a genjutsu. Y/N has chakra very similar to Kaguya, which will boost the effects worldwide." Sasuke muttered. "The marriage is only a clan ritual." Sasuke explained. "I'm sure he does have some kind of affection for her, because of their past. However, to him her destiny is to sacrifice herself for the tree. They want to make a false perfect world." Sasuke muttered, making the kids pale.

"The entire moon will glow with the genjutsu, right?" Nagi asked. Sasuke nodded.

"Y/N would never let that happen. She's gotta know that's their plan more or likely." Sasuke crossed his arms, nothing but the sounds of choppy water. "I'm just glad for once that Neji's with her."

"She'd kill herself." Ko said gently. Sasuke nodded.

"She wouldn't let herself be a tool to the destruction of the world." Sasuke frowned. "To save us and buy us more time, she would. However because Neji is there, she's okay. I just know it. Y/N has always been selfless." Sasuke said sadly. "She thinks about everyone else and that's why I have to do the same for her. She's gonna be okay, I promise you."

"I know." Nagi said simply, patting his hand. "You said they have a history?" Nagi asked gently. Sasuke nodded. "How did they meet on that mission you mentioned?"

"Well.." Sasuke thought gently. "Back in the day when we were smaller, Y/N would tag along with me on a lot of missions. It was a few months after I got out of jail after the war." Sasuke murmured, his arms crossed. "We got separated, it went bad, and I couldn't find her for a whole day. You should have seen the look on my face." Sasuke chuckled nervously. "I'll admit it, I was worried."