Chapter 137

Boruto shushed her as she danced rigidly, tense with the baby in her arms. "Just act naturally. They don't suspect anything yet." Boruto was holding her by the elbows, Y/N nodding tensely as she stared at his face. He had a young, careless Naruto's face. She nodded, looking away as she glanced towards Kawaki. He had his back to her still, talking to the advisors.

"Took you guys long enough." Y/N muttered, looking him up and down. "Where's your dad?" She asked him, surprised at how grown he was.

"Uh." Boruto chuckled awkwardly. "About that." Y/N's eyes narrowed at him. "He doesn't know we're here." Y/N's eyes widened.

"We?" She muttered. "Who else is here?" She scoffed.

"Heehee." He rubbed the back of his neck at the look on her face. "Well, dad was really depressed you know." He chuckled slightly. "He wanted to save you so badly, but the elders are worried about starting a war so they were forcing us to wait for the permits... So we just left, me and my team." Boruto chuckled awkwardly, keeping an eye out as he looked around. "Sarada's here! You remember her right?"

"Oh my fucking god." Y/N growled, rocking the baby in her arms. "Your telling me you guys came here on a fucking suicide mission?" She scoffed, patting the infant's back. "If they find you guys here, it's not gonna be pretty." Y/N looked around frantically. "I can't have you stupid kids getting hurt."

"Stop, it's okay." He chuckled. "Sarada's waiting to get us out of here. My friend, you'll like him alot." He pulled her slightly at the arm. "Mitsuki is in the crowd ready to interfere if needed. We just have to get you and the baby out of here."

"And my kids." Y/N huffed. "I have to find them." She said pointedly. Boruto blinked, thinking.

"Sorry, the past takes a while to catch up to the future. I think I remember Uncle Sasuke talking about them, but it was a long time ago. There's three right?" Y/N's eyes narrowed. "Okay, sorry-four!" Boruto chuckled sheepishly. Y/N shook her head at him.

"It's like talking to your dimwit father. Come on." Y/N turned to leave, but clenched the infant tight as she realized Kawaki was walking her way. "Shit-!" She turned to look at Boruto but he was gone already. Kawaki chuckled, reaching her as he rubbed the infant's back.

"Hey, I found you." He rubbed her arms. "You have fun dancing with the squirt?" He asked her, leaning over to look at the baby's face. Artemis was sucking on his binkie, looking up at Kawaki with a softened look.

"Yeah, I can't find my kiddos." Y/N pouted. "Maddie's still looking for them."

"Hey, hey. Don't get upset." Kawaki chuckled, brushing the hair out of her face. "There's a ton of people in here. Momoshiki is gonna call for cake cutting, get everyone seated. We'll find them that way." He patted her on the back." Y/N nodded, a nervous look on her face as she scanned the crowd. Kawaki opened his arms, Y/N chuckling as she handed over the baby. "At least one of these guys like me." He chuckled, Artemis holding onto him tightly as he adjusted the baby in his arms. Artemis was staring up at his face, cupping one of his hands as he was suckling on his pacifier.

"They'll come around." Y/N gave him a small grin. "When we're not captives of course." She patted his back, chuckling as she kept looking around.

"Yeah, yeah." He chuckled,lifting the baby in his arms. Artemis spit out his binkie, laughing as Kawaki spun him around a little. Y/N grabbed it, giggling at him. "This ones my buddy." he chuckled, rubbing his nose against the baby's.

"So much for not picking favorites." Y/N snorted. She couldn't see Boruto anymore, making her shake her head. She couldn't believe that him and his team had done something so reckless.