Chapter 98

Nagi dropped down first onto the large boat, his eyes narrowed as he looked around. He peered around, trying to get a sense of danger. "See anything?" Jataro whispered, his hand out. Ko was carrying the backpack with the baby in it, cooing into the opening to keep it quiet.

"No." Nagi whispered, the boat quiet. "Let's go down." He gestured to Jataro to come with him. Ko slid down to her knees, the backpack on her lap as she nodded, sighing from exhaustion.

"The city is in peril right now." Masaru pointed to the far end of the barge. Boats were being flooded into, the sounds of screaming and yelling. Their original boat was thankfully parked farther away from the others.

"I've never seen spiders so freaking huge." Ko whispered.

Nagi opened the door to the lower levels, pointing his gun in. "Be ready." He ordered Jataro, who was standing behind the door with his weapon armed.

"He's too hot in here." Ko muttered, opening the backpack. "He's so cute." She poked his cheek. "We should name him."

"No, we agreed not to." Nagi whispered. "Wait I hear something." Nagi and Jataro jumped quickly out the way, their backs against the wall as Ko froze, on guard as she placed the baby back. Footsteps on the staircase occurred, Masaru on alert as he stood in front of Ko and the bag.

"Hands up." Nagi ordered, his eyes narrowed as he hovered his finger over the trigger.

"It's me boss." The kids visibly relaxed as the captain's voice called up, the four of them sighing in relief. "What's with the late call? I thought we weren't moving until sunrise?"

"Change of plans." Nagi shook his hand as the captain came up on the deck in pajamas. "I need a ride to the pyramid."

"The pyramid? We canceled that!" The captain chuckled. "You got what you were looking for!"

"Welp Mom's gone now, and the city is being attacked." Nagi sighed. "She's gotta be heading there."

"The city's under attack, huh." The captain rubbed his chin, looking out over the waterline. "Good thing we hid the boat."

"Tell me about it." Jataro huffed. "Do you think you can get us there? And fast?"

The captain nodded, hearing several screams nearby. "Get ready." He ordered them, heading over to the steering wheel to get started.

.............

Y/N took a deep breath, being guided by Maddie and her mother up the walkway. The pyramid was huge, towering over them. She could see the entranceway, a large hole in the wall similar to a cavern door. She grimaced, nervous as she was being guided.

Maddie went first, pulling her along into the dark cavern as she kept a tight hold on Y/N's arm. Immediately, they were greeted by figures in white, their faces heavy as they approached the group. Lady Miyu walked forward, her arms crossed as she surveyed the guards. "Your reason for entering?"

"We're here to speak with Leader Kawaki." Lady Miyu stared at her fingernails, clenching them. "We have the requested bounty." Y/N looked headon as they stared at her, surveying.

"You dare to lay your hands on her?" One snarled, making everyone on guard. "This woman is the fine lady's reincarnation." Y/N grit her teeth as weapons were pointed suddenly, Maddie on guard as dozens of pointed spears were aimed at her hand. Lady Miyu yawned, uncaring.

"I'll explain it to him. She wouldn't come willingly." Lady Miyu shook her head. The head guard gestured for one of his soldiers to run.

"Go get him. And as for you, there will be consequences. He won't like that you've harmed her." Y/N nearly froze as he disappeared with a popping noise. She never even noticed it had been a clone, the Chaka levels perfect.