Chapter 47

Naruto was quietly writing, the snow from the surrounding village causing him to wrap a scar around his mouth. Sasuke was in the tent with him, the two of them too stubborn to move. "Its fucking freezing." Sasuke said through gritted teeth.

"We can't risk lighting a fire when we're right on top of them." Naruto murmured, pulling his cloak tighter around him. Sasuke grit his teeth, pulling the blankets over him tighter.

"Why don't you just write that over here?" Sasuke said through gritted teeth. The snow storm had them below freezing in the tent.

"If i'm going to talk to her, I should send it today." Naruto murmured. "Tomorrow we attack. That means we might not get another chance." Naruto muttered. His pen scratching along the notebook quickly. Sasuke sighed.

"Y/N doesn't need to stress about this right now." Sasuke frowned. "I shouldn't have lied, I know that." Sasuke frowned. Naruto nodded.

"She deserves to know." Naruto got under the blankets. His forehead was creased with stress lines, his hand shaking on the paper. "If I don't tell her and she finds out, you'll ruin it for both of us." Naruto didn't look at him, an intense look on his face.

"Let me be the one to tell her." Sasuke murmured. "I'm kinda in hot water right now. I wish literally." He coughed slightly, feeling a strong chill within himself. Naruto shook his head at him.

"She'll be heart broken." Naruto muttered, moving closer to Sasuke. He threw his notebook down, laying down with the man. "She's doing better and I don't want you telling it to her so harshly."

Sasuke shook his head. "It wasn't my place I know. I'll do anything to protect her." Sasuke muttered, his lips bubbling from the cold. "I'll set this whole fucking tent on fire." He chuckled, making Naruto let out a small chuckle. "Think I won't?" Sasuke lifted his hands to make hand signals.

"Sasuke, no!" Naruto cried out, covering his hands. "They're at the foot of this mountain." Naruto rolled his eyes, stifling his laughter. "Let's not get ourselves killed trying to right this."

"Sure." Sasuke grunted. He suddenly tensed. "Naruto." Sasuke looked up at him. Naruto was tense too, he looked up.

"They found us." Naruto sighed, taking a deep breath as Sasuke got up first. He grabbed his sword.

"It's too cold for this shit." Sasuke whispered, unsheathing his weapon. Naruto nodded, closing his eyes.

"Let me talk first. Don't do anything crazy." Naruto frowned. Sasuke narrowed his eyes, his chakra stirring. "Let's go." Naruto put his Hokage cloak one, going outside first. They were surrounded by white cloaked figures.

"It's the Hokage of the Hidden Leaf." One of them hissed. Sasuke came out behind him, his hand on his sword.

"An abush." Another hissed. Naruto put his hands up to show peace. Sasuke did nothing, his eyes narrowed.

"Bring the Queen." Another whispered, their kunais flashed. Naruto stayed still, a figure moving to the front. The winter coat was made of the finest satin, a gown draping across the snow regardless of the blizzard. Naruto tilted his head up, his eyes on Sasuke who was tense as he saw the figure.

"Hokage. To what do we owe the honor?" She murmured, her hands moving in front of her. The clearing they were on cleared of snow immediately. Sasuke breathed out, the air becoming warmer around them. His hand was still clenched as the snow flew away as if it was magic.

"Queen." Naruto bowed in front of her, his eyes never leaving hers as she stood just six feet away. "I came to call a meeting of unity." Naruto said professionally. Her icy eyes turned to Sasuke, who was on guard still.