Chapter 54

"There's two settlements she could be at." The man buckled, shaking his head in anger. "I'm telling the truth." He added as Nagi raised a confident eyebrow.

"Why two?" Jataro muttered, his kunai to the younger man's throat. The older one went quiet, a nervous look on his face. Nagi sighed.

"With all disrespect sir, I'm going to find out regardless. Let's make this easier please." Nagi said sweetly, his head tilted. "Do you have a family?"

The man blinked at Nagi's words, his eyes narrowing. "You've kids have done this before."

Nagi nodded silently, his arms crossed confidently. "Tell me where the settlements are, and I'll spare them." He shrugged lightly. "What about you, boy?"

The younger kid squeaked when Ko ripped the duct tape off his mouth. He looked left and right, avoiding all the eyes in the room. The older one chuckled lightly. "Don't say a word." He warned him.

"What's your name?" Ko asked the younger one sweetly. He bit his lip, looking down at her as she was extremely shorter than him.

"Eiji." Eiji nervously muttered, his hands still tightly bound. "He's Daichi." The kid muttered. Daichi looked angry, his eyes widened.

"Why would you tell them?!" He snapped. Eiji shook his head sadly as Jataro removed the blade from his neck.

"Look at us, we're screwed." Eiji frowned, shivering. "They've got us pinned down. All they want is their mother back. We'll just tell them where to find her!" Eiji said quickie. "That should be easier!" Eiji insisted. The kids gave him a happy wink.

"Hell no!" Daichi insisted. "Look what they did to us, what do you plan on doing to the colony?" Daichi gritted his teeth, flexing his burnt hand. "You kids are cruel, he's just a young boy. Why don't you talk to a real man like me?"

Ko looked up suddenly, a sweet look on her face. "You're not a man." She said simply, a small smile on her face. "I heard what you said about me." Ko said sweetly. The man clocked an eyebrow in surprise.

"I did too." Nagi chuckled. "I heard what most of you said about her. That brings me to the question I asked before. Do you have a family?" Nagi asked innocently, his finger on his chin.

"I do." Daichi muttered. "Two daughters... around your age." He admitted, looking away. Nagi nodded.

"I thought so. I searched your pockets earlier and found this." Nagi waved a small locket around. "They're really pretty." Nagi said cutely. The man's eyes widened.

"You have daughters?" Ko giggled, covering her mouth. "That's so weird! You said you were going to hurt me really badly!" Ko said innocently, puffing her cheeks. "Would they be proud of you for saying you'd pull my pants down and-!"

"I didn't mean it." Daichi said quickly, his face aging as Masaru snickered at him. "In our clan, we have some of the vilest people. I would never touch a child."

"But women are off limits, right?" Masaru said innocently, winking. "What was that your friend said about my mother?" Masaru cracked his knuckles, his hand flexing around the metal pipe in his hand. It glinted in the light as Eiji flinched in fear. "You couldn't wait to see what she looked like with no clothes?"

"Oh shit." Daichi chuckled, admitting defeat. Nagi giggled, brandishing a map in his hands. He waved it in front of him, popping a pen in his mouth.

"Sir, point on this map the two settlements. Then I'm going to show Eiji a different map." Nagi smiled excitedly. "If they don't match up, you're going to be killed and I'm going to kill the entire clan." Nagi said sweetly, holding the map up to his face. "Every woman, man, and child will perish."