Chapter 145

"He's not a ninja tool, Sasuke." Y/N watched him change the baby curiously, lifting him nearly upside down. "You have to be careful!" Y/N frowned at him. "Gently, please." Y/N crossed her arms, frustrated.

"I'm trying, I'm trying. Which way do these straps go." He removed the diaper, looking at it back and front. Y/N slid back a little, her eyes narrowed.

"Straps attach from the back towards the front. And I told you not to leave him uncovered. Sometimes when babies feel the cold air-! Yep." Y/N pursed her lips as Sasuke dove out of the way. The waterfall streamed from Artemis's lap and onto the carpet floor, even hitting the wall. "That can happen." Y/N said dryly, watching Sasuke look at her sheepishly.

"I'm sorry. I'm kinda a shitty father. I don't think I've ever changed Sarada's diaper." He scratched his head, Y/N glaring at him as she nodded.

"I'm aware, Sasuke. Just let me take care of him." Y/N held her hand out for the diaper. "If you leave him uncovered he might pee again." Sasuke shook his head no, following her directions on how to change the baby. Artemis twisted and kicked in his grip, confusing Sasuke. "He likes to play, Sasuke." Y/N rolled her eyes, opening her book as she left the boys to it. "You have to be faster than him, that's all."

"He's trying to roll!" Sasuke got the baby mostly covered, fiddling with the straps. Artemis let out a cry of anger, kicking him hard. "Ow, why did that hurt?" He felt his thumb, the baby's foot connected hard with his thumbnail.

"Oh he's gonna be a kicker." Y/N said with a sly smile, turning the page in her book. "He bruised the maid so be careful." Y/N warned him. "And where's the diaper cream I told you he needed." Y/N looked at him exasperatedly. "Sasuke take this seriously or get out."

"Okay, okay. What got in your pants?" Sasuke grumbled, rummaging around in the diaper bag.

"Not you." Y/N said smartly. "Sasuke, hold the diaper to his privates." Y/N added. "He's peeing again, you must have let him drink too much." Artemis let out a laugh of relief as Sasuke yelped, the pee touching his hand as he threw the diaper over Artemis's private. Sasuke scowled at her as Y/N suddenly laughed, shaking her head.

"This must be amusing to you." Sasuke said dryly, changing the baby with a brand new diaper once again. "This is my first time, Y/N. '' He looked at her with raised eyebrow. "Why you gotta be so mean?"

"I'm sorry I have an attitude, but you messed up really bad. Artemis can't speak for himself, he was cold outside baka." Y/N looked at him as he applied the cream, glad he was doing it right. "You have to take better care of him as he's not a toy, and he's certainly not like the other kids. They're all really independent, but he isn't!" Y/N added softly. "He relies on us heavily to keep him fed and keep him warm, and make sure he has plenty of love." Y/N put her book down, her hands over Sasuke's as she adjusted the diaper for him. "You need to learn about babies if you want me to leave you alone with him again." Y/N fasted the straps around his hands, Sasuke nodding at her with a frown.

Artemis cooed happily as Y/N fasted his clothes again, lifting him up into her arms. "Now, I have to feed him real food." Y/N laughed, tickling the baby's stomach. He laughed, kicking. "See, he's all happy now that he's got a nice change. Plus that pee must have felt good!" Y/N smiled brightly, showing him the baby. Sasuke looked, nodding as he saw the gummy smile on Artemis. "Sorry I got an attitude, but you scared me." She said softly, bundling Artemis in his blankets. "You'll learn about him in time." She added, seeing Sasuke's crestfallen face.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm a shitty dad." Sasuke chuckled lightly. "I'll do better." He added. Y/N nodded, nudging him lightly. "Want me to hold him?" He asked her, confused. Y/N nodded, passing him gently into Sasuke''s lap. "He's so small." He added, peering down into the bundle of baby blankets.