Chapter 66

Naruto chased them through the forest, looking around to see where the tracks led. The snow was getting thicker, but he knew for a fact the harbor was nearby. He wondered if they were trying to get to a boat, as the original place he had found her mother was a snowy island only available by ship. He narrowed his eyes as he thought of all she had done. He would definitely make her pay. To go as far as to take and harm his family, was unforgivable.

"Y/N!" Naruto yelled from afar, seeing her head of hair whip over the hill. Her mother paused but continued quickly, waving her hand to create a barrier on the path as she ran. Naruto jumped over it, barely making it as he tucked and rolled into the snow bank.

"They've got Neji!" Y/N yelled back to him, feeling the special box in her pocket as she ran. She wouldn't let another person die in her place. She couldn't bear it. "I can't let this happen to him."

"Y/N!" Naruto was almost caught up to them. "You don't have to do this alone!" He pleaded with her. Her mother snickered at her, shaking her head.

"I'll kill him if you take even just one step away from me." She said in a dark tone. "Don't even try it." Y/N took a deep breath, not looking back as she continued to jump. They entered the clearing, Y/N gasping in shock at the mass amount of people around.

"GO!" Her mother pushed her, signalling to the guards to surround them. There were hundreds of soldiers, civilians, and children that belonged to the clan present. Y/N saw Neji immediately, a weak feeling in her feet as she stumbled forward. "Stall the Hokage and get everyone on the boat." She ordered. A guard nodded, whistling in a three bit order. Immediately anyone that couldn't fight started going in single file.

"Neji!" Y/N ran to him until she reached him. He was shirtless and covered in wounds that were slightly bleeding. Y/N cupped his cheeks, pointed his chin up to look at him. His eyes fluttered open, a sudden frown on his face.

"Go!" He pleaded, shaking his head. His normally well kept hair was dirty, filled with rocks and dust. "Please run, you shouldn't be here." Neji pleaded tiredly, his face following into her hands. hands.

"No!" Y/N sniffled, looking around her. He was tied with his arms behind his back and forced to kneel. Her mother was standing directly behind her, a warning look in her face as Naruto entered the clearing.

Naruto narrowed his eyes seeing all the weapons pointed at him. There must have been hundreds centered around them. Neji looked into her eyes, shaking his head. "Y/N please, you have no idea what they have planned for you. There's so much worse than death." Neji pleaded with her. "I can't be a tool for that."

"Neji shush." She sniffled, wrapping her arms around him fearfully. There were too many and Neji was injured. "What did they do to you?" She said emotionally, running a hand over the sharp wounds on his chest.

"It's nothing, they just whipped me with a piece of rope." Neji chuckled lightly. "Kinky right?" She didn't laugh at his joke, instead she glared at her mothers back, her arms still tightly wrapped around his neck. She knew he was trying to make her feel better.

"Your outnumber Hokage." One of the clanspeople murmured, annoyed. "This little game of toy soldiers is over." The Queen giggled, excited as she watched on.

"Your right." Naruto murmured. "It's over."

Y/N held onto Neji tight, her body pressed against him to keep him warm. Her mother gasped a little in shock as she watched Naruto confidently make hand signals. "Who's outnumbered now?" Y/N asked sweetly. Her mother turned to stare at her, annoyed thoroughly.

"Why can't you people just lay down and die?!" Her mother growled, her fists clenching tightly as what must have been a thousand clones produced itself next to him, surrounding the entire group. "Come with me." She turned around to Y/N. Y/N shook her head no, burying her face into Neji's neck.