Chapter 24

Age 16: After Sasuke's Release

Sasuke frowned when a knock sounded on his apartment door. He was looking forward to his first peace and quiet after a long few months. He opened the door, fully expecting Sakura to sneak upon him. He paused, his mouth slightly dry as his eyes set on Y/N. She was smiling, her hair in a cute updo as she looked around the hall.

"What are you doing here?" He chanced a look in the mirror to make sure his face was as stoic as always. Y/N smiled.

"I got tired of waiting." She grinned. "I've been waiting months for my first date with you." Sasuke's eyes widened and he took a step back. They had talked about it while he was in jail for sure, but he didn't expect it to be soon. "Im sorry, I know this is sudden." Y/N mumbled shyly. "It's been months since we've got alone time." She was blushing hard.

Sasuke sucked his teeth and looked away from her, his own cheeks starting to pink. "Listen I know, we promised once I got out we'd do a lot of things." He mumbled, looking facing away from her. She smiled with a nod.

"I know you said you wanted to relax a bit." Y/N brushed her head behind her ear, revealing her pinked cheeks. "Naruto and I decided we should both go on our last dates. I'm supposed to talk to Hinata tomorrow to tell her I'm breaking up with Naruto." Y/N smiled, ignoring the dull ache in her chest.

"Oh." Sasuke muttered. "And you'll be known as two friends. The plan is fine.." Sasuke drifted off, a slight pain also in his chest. "How are you doing?" He asked her. She smiled brightly.

"So much better. Shikamaru escorted me to the grave sight the other day." Y/N mumbled, looking away to stare at the nearby lake. Sasuke sighed and leaned across the doorway. She smiled. "Itachi was a great man."

"..." Sasuke nodded, a longing look on his face. Y/N smiled as he leaned his chin on her head. She instinctively wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Do you know how long I've waited to hold you this way?" Sasuke muttered against her head. He reached down and picked her up bridal style. He kicked the door shut behind her and walked her deeper into the house, ignoring her blushing smiles.

"Sasuke really?" She giggled as he turned with her. It had been months until he could touch her again. He had never missed her or the dobe more. They visited him nearly everyday, but he wasn't allowed out of his cage nor was he allowed to remove his blindfolds.

"You've matured so well." He murmured as he placed her down on the bed, gently laying her flat. She covered her face quickly, trying to hide her blush. "Such beautiful things weren't meant for me." Sasuke said aloud as he sat next to her. He reached out and grabbed her wrists to pull them away, revealing her smiling face.

"Such a flirt." Y/N blushed. "Has Sakura visited you yet?" Y/N murmed as Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"If she did, I never answered the door." Sasuke held her hand, giving it a small squeeze. "You don't get to come here looking so angelic and leave the same way." Sasuke muttered aloud. She smiled.

"Have you thought of a good first date idea?" Y/N asked aloud. Sasuke nodded.

"We should go out with the dobe and get ramen, I'm sure he'll appreciate it." Sasuke let go of her, not even noticing her crestfallen face as he stood up. He walked over to his closet to begin looking for new clothes.

"Actually, Naruto is busy tonight. It's why I came to you." She smiled. "He's supposed to be training with Hinata. I figured we could have our first date alone.. just the two of us." Y/N added with a smile.

Sasuke froze, but quickly covered it up. He had been alone with Y/N a lot of times. However, that had been before they had confessed their feelings. There were very specific time slots for visitors, and Sasuke hadn't seen the two alone in a long time.