Stay With Me P. 97 (Renmark)💖

The fluorescent lights in the practice room cast a harsh, unrelenting glow, illuminating every corner of the space. The members of NCT, one of K-pop's most prominent boy groups, were gathered for yet another grueling rehearsal. Among them were Renjun and Mark, two of the group's standout talents. Renjun, the Chinese member with a voice that could melt hearts, had always been suspicious of Mark, the Canadian rapper, and dancer, who seemed to be inexplicably drawn to him.

As they danced through the intricate choreography of their new song, "Beautiful," Renjun couldn't help but notice how Mark's eyes never seemed to leave him. It was as if Mark had a magnetic force pulling him towards Renjun, and it was starting to make Renjun uneasy. He had seen admiration and friendship before, but this felt different—intense, almost suffocating.

During a brief water break, Renjun decided it was finally time to confront Mark. He wiped the sweat from his brow and made his way over to where Mark was leaning against the mirrored wall, his expression a mix of exhaustion and anticipation.

"Mark," Renjun began, his voice gentle but tinged with frustration, "we need to talk."

Mark turned to face him, his dark eyes locking onto Renjun's. "Sure, what's up?"

Renjun took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "It's about you, Mark. You've been... different lately. You're always around me, and I can't help but feel like you're... clinging to me."

Mark's brow furrowed, and he shifted uncomfortably. "I'm not sure what you mean, Renjun."

Renjun sighed, his frustration growing. "Don't play dumb, Mark. You've been acting strange, like you can't stay away from me. It's making me uncomfortable."

Mark looked down at the floor, his fingers fidgeting with the hem of his practice shirt. He seemed to be wrestling with his thoughts, as if he were trying to find the right words to say.

After a long, tense silence, Mark finally spoke up. "Renjun, I... I guess I should be honest with you. It's not easy for me to say this, but... I've had feelings for you for a long time."

Renjun's heart skipped a beat. He hadn't expected Mark's confession, and the weight of the revelation hung heavy in the air. He had suspected something was going on, but hearing it from Mark himself was a shock.

"You... you what?" Renjun stammered, his mind racing.

Mark's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, but he met Renjun's gaze with unwavering sincerity. "I can't help it, Renjun. Every time I see you, every time I hear your voice, it's like... it's like my heart skips a beat. I've tried to hide it, but I can't anymore."

Renjun felt a whirlwind of emotions surging within him—confusion, surprise, and a strange sense of vulnerability. He had always considered Mark a close friend, a bandmate he could rely on, but this was uncharted territory.