Stay With Me P.66 (Taecas)💖

The moon hung low in the night sky, casting a gentle silver glow over the bustling city. Neon lights flickered and cars honked in the distance, creating a symphony of urban life. It was against this backdrop that Taeyong's heart raced, each beat a drumroll of anticipation as he stood in the backstage corridor of a grand concert hall. The air was charged with excitement, and his own emotions were a swirling mix of nerves and enthusiasm.

"Hey, you ready for this?" Mark, his fellow NCT member and closest friend, clapped a reassuring hand on Taeyong's shoulder. The two had been through countless performances together, yet tonight felt different. Tonight was the debut performance of their collaborative group, SuperM, and the weight of expectations seemed to hang in the air like a storm cloud.

Taeyong nodded, his smile slightly strained. "Yeah, I'm ready. Just a bit jittery, you know?"

Mark chuckled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Trust me, we'll rock the stage. And once you see the fans cheering, all those nerves will vanish."

As if on cue, the distant hum of the crowd's excitement reached their ears, growing louder by the second. Taeyong's heart skipped a beat as he took a deep breath, trying to steady his racing pulse. Mark was right, of course. Once he was up there, dancing and singing his heart out, everything else would fade away.

As the backstage crew signaled that it was time to take their positions, Taeyong shared a quick fist bump with Mark before they headed to the stage. The lights dimmed, and the massive screens surrounding the stage came to life with a dazzling display of visuals. The opening beats of "Jopping" pulsed through the air, and the crowd erupted into cheers that reverberated through the hall like thunder. Taeyong's body moved on instinct, his years of training taking over as he danced in perfect sync with his fellow members. The energy of the crowd was electric, their excitement a palpable force that fueled his every move. He could feel the adrenaline coursing through his veins, drowning out the nerves that had plagued him moments ago. This was where he belonged, where he thrived – on the stage, sharing his passion with thousands of fans.

The performance was a whirlwind of lights, music, and emotion. By the time the final notes of the song echoed through the hall, Taeyong was breathless and exhilarated. The applause was deafening, a testament to the group's hard work and the fervent support of their fans. As the members lined up for their final bow, Taeyong's eyes scanned the crowd, searching for familiar faces. Among the sea of cheering fans, his gaze settled on a figure that made his heart skip a beat. Lucas, standing at the front row, was grinning from ear to ear, his eyes shining with pride and adoration. Taeyong's own smile widened in response, a warmth spreading through his chest.

After the performance, amidst the chaos of changing backstage and receiving praise from fellow artists, Taeyong found himself drawn to Lucas like a magnet. Lucas enveloped him in a tight hug, his laughter ringing in Taeyong's ears.

"You were amazing, hyung!" Lucas exclaimed, his excitement contagious.