Stay With Me P.176 (Noyang)💖

The sun was setting over Seoul, casting a warm, golden hue across the bustling city. NCT 2020 was in full swing, and the members were scattered across the practice rooms, studios, and dorms, preparing for their next big project. Among them were Jeno and Yangyang, two members who had never been particularly close. Their journey together in NCT had been marked by an unspoken tension, one that had its origins in a V Live broadcast nearly a year ago. Jeno had candidly admitted during that livestream that he and Yangyang weren't as close as some of the other members. He hadn't meant any harm by it, but his words had stung Yangyang more than he'd expected.

Yangyang had always considered Jeno a friend, even if they weren't best buddies. He was the type of person who cherished his friendships, and Jeno's casual comment had left a lingering bitterness in his heart. Since that day, their interactions had become strained, with awkward silences and half-hearted smiles.

As time passed, the bitterness faded, but the distance remained. The two went about their NCT activities, maintaining a polite yet distant relationship. But with NCT 2020 looming and the need for camaraderie within the group more important than ever, circumstances were about to change. One sunny afternoon, the manager called Jeno and Yangyang into the practice room. "We need you both to work on a special project together," he announced. "It's crucial for NCT 2020, and we believe your chemistry will be a game-changer."

Jeno and Yangyang exchanged wary glances. Working together on a special project meant spending more time together, and they both knew their dynamic wasn't the best. Still, they nodded in agreement, determined to do their best for the sake of the group.

The project required them to collaborate on a new song, both in terms of writing lyrics and creating choreography. It was a challenging task, one that required them to spend hours together in the studio. Initially, there was an awkwardness in the air, like two old friends trying to reconnect after a falling out.

Jeno, always the more level-headed of the two, decided it was time to address the elephant in the room. One evening, after a particularly frustrating choreography session, he suggested, "We should talk."

Yangyang, who had been struggling with a dance move, looked up with surprise. "About what?"

Jeno hesitated for a moment before saying, "About us. I mean, about why we're not as close as we used to be."

Yangyang put down his water bottle, his expression unreadable. "Do we really need to?"

Jeno sighed, realizing that this conversation was long overdue. "I think we do. It's affecting our work, and I don't want that. We're a team, after all."

Yangyang leaned against the mirrored wall, crossing his arms. "Fine. Talk."

Jeno cleared his throat, his mind racing as he tried to find the right words. "I want to apologize for what I said during that V Live last year. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, and I'm sorry if I did."