Stay With Me P.161 (Winsung)💖

The tension in the practice room was palpable, as NCT members gathered for yet another group meeting. It was no secret that Sicheng and Jisung had never been particularly close. In fact, they were notorious for their awkward interactions and avoidance of each other. But now, with the debut of NCT 2020 just around the corner, the team had decided it was time to address the issue.

Jaehyun, ever the diplomat, had suggested a special episode of their reality show, "It's Awkward But It's Ok," where members would be paired up with someone they weren't particularly close to and spend time getting to know each other better. The idea was met with mixed reactions, but ultimately, everyone agreed to give it a shot.

As the team gathered in a circle, Jaehyun announced the pairings. Sicheng and Jisung exchanged nervous glances when they realized they had been paired together. The other members couldn't help but chuckle at the seemingly unfortunate match.

"Alright, guys," Jaehyun said, trying to lighten the mood. "This is a chance for all of us to grow closer as a team. We've got a lot of work ahead of us, and we need to be able to rely on each other. So, let's give it our best shot."

Sicheng and Jisung nodded in reluctant agreement. They knew they couldn't avoid this any longer. The cameras began rolling as the two awkwardly stood up and made their way to a quiet corner of the practice room.

>>>>>

The first few days of their forced togetherness were predictably awkward. Sicheng and Jisung struggled to find common ground, often resorting to stilted small talk. It was clear to everyone that this was going to be a long and painful process.

One afternoon, as they sat together in the practice room, Jisung decided to break the silence. "So, Sicheng," he began, "I know we've never been the best of friends, but maybe we could try to make the most of this situation."

Sicheng, surprised by Jisung's willingness to initiate a conversation, nodded cautiously. "Yeah, I guess so. What do you suggest?"

Jisung thought for a moment. "Well, we could start by getting to know each other better. Like, really getting to know each other. Tell me something about yourself that not many people know."

Sicheng pondered the question for a moment. He was a naturally reserved person, and opening up to someone he barely knew wasn't easy. But he also realized that this was an opportunity for growth, both as a team and as individuals.

"Okay," Sicheng said with a small smile. "Well, I used to be really shy when I first joined SM Entertainment. I had a hard time speaking up or making friends. It took me a while to come out of my shell."

Jisung raised an eyebrow. "Really? I would've never guessed that. You seem so confident on stage."

Sicheng shrugged. "Performing is different. It's like I become a different person when I'm on stage. But offstage, I'm still learning to be more outgoing."