Broken. (Aomine x Depressed!Reader)

-This was requested by one of my readers, so I hope you enjoy this and stay strong!-

You were the ticking time bomb that would detonate randomly at any given time of your life. You were fragile and so breakable, yet strong at the exact same time? How can anyone be weak and strong at the same time?

You started off as broken and slowly time began to mend your life back together. Piece by piece a little bit of your life returned to your blank eyes. Life would fluctuate from down to up in mere seconds. One moment you would be laughing with him, and the next moment you would lock yourself up in a room and refuse to come out for days.

You were walking down a road with no sign of hope until you encountered a bright entity that guided you through it. His hair was dark blue and his skinned very much tanned golden brown. He was tall and majestic-looking. It was like he was a mountain that could never be broken down, but even mountains have weak points that could cause the whole thing to crumble down into debris. His was just hidden very well.

Anyone could judge his outer demeanor and say that he was a selfish bastard that only cares about himself. However, they didn't go through the rejection and neglect that he had experienced so brutally. They never notice how damaged his trust is, how he is unable to depend on anyone. You were both very much broken, how could two broken people be together?

You loved the way he made you feel. Your heart thumped faster and harder whenever he was around. His touch was something you craved everyday, like a drug addiction. His laugh was the sugar to the icing, his smile the ray to your sun, and his kisses were the only thing that stopped time and made you feel more happier than you could have ever been in your life.

He made you feel alive.

That day you walked into his room and saw how he crouched in the dark with his head buried in his arms, you knew just how much he was hurting. You even wondered if he felt the same effect of your presence as his did to your life. You could hear his silent sobs and his cry for help. You could see his soul being ripped apart in his body. Only someone who had suffered the same fate, would be able to understand what he was feeling at that moment.

You walked into the darkness that night and held him close to you as he cried. His tears soaked into your shirt and his embrace was tight and needy. He clung to you like you were the only thing that was anchoring him to reality. As his panic subsides, his breathing slows and his sobs eventually cease. He would lift his head up and wipe his tears silently until he was ready to speak. He would look you in the eye with bloodshot eyes and mumble an apology. You wouldn't utter a word, instead you would lean in and give him a long and numbing kiss that led to one thing or another.

The next morning you would awake with his arms around your bare body. You would share each other's warmth until the sun would descend again, and he would remind you how much he loved you every morning, with a gentle kiss and also the words that almost stopped your heart every time they left his pulp lips.

"I love you."