Thunder.(Aomine Daiki)

-The weather is shitty here, but it still inspired me to write this oneshot. Enjoy!-

CRACK!!!!!

  Your shoulders jerked up as you were startled by the crackle of thunder. You had been attempting to fall asleep for the last four hours to be woken up over and over again by the alarming flicker of lightning that was followed by the spine-chilling grumbling of the sky. You pulled the duvet off your head and glanced out the window in silence. The sky was so low that even looking outside made you feel claustrophobic. As each episode of lighting and thunder happened in intervals, you had a few moments of silence in between to brace yourself for another one.

  Aomine felt your body trembling as you buried yourself deeper into the bed. It was like you were trying to get away from something. However, there was no escape to the merciless weather outside. Since you were little, you were always terrified of thunder. You had gotten lost during a storm, and nobody had any clue as to where you were until Aomine found you in a small abandoned shed. You were around 5 at that time, while he was around 9. Both young and so naive, yet he stepped up to the role of protecting you from that day onwards. He just couldn't bare to see you wear a painful expression ever again.

  As time passed on, it was obvious how close you two had become. You weren't just close as friends, you started to develop complex emotions for the blue-haired man. He grew taller and more handsome, whereas you grew curves and remained as beautiful as ever. There was something Aomine liked to do, and that was to run his fingers through your hair before bringing his face in to inhale your intoxicating scent. You'd catch him doing so several times, but you would pretend not to notice because you secretly loved his affection. It wasn't until senior year, where you finally had the guts to confess all the feelings you had compressed deep down inside your heart for all those years.

  You still remembered the way his lips curled up into a soft smirk as he watched you fiddle with your jacket, unable to look him in the eye after that. He took your hand and kissed it gently before pulling your chin in for a proper kiss. You would never have imagined Aomine to be so gentle and loving, but at that moment, no other angel could steal your heart away.

BOOOM!

  This time, the thunder was so loud that it was getting too much for you to handle. You let out a helpless squeak before bringing your hands to your ears. You squeezed your palms against your head as your breaths come out jagged and heavy. Aomine immediately took action and wrapped his long and sturdy arms around your body to calm you down. He placed his chin against your neck before dropping small kisses on your collarbone. He then opened his mouth to whisper something to you.

"Shhhh...it's okay. Hey, (Your Name). It's okay." his sleepy voice reverberated against the back of your neck and you automatically stop thrashing around.

The thunder rolled overhead with the wrath of the gods until it conquered the sky as a promise of rain to the land below. You winced again as another wave hits the charcoal sky. The rattling of your window was an accurate representation of your teeth chattering uncomfortably against each other.

"Aomine, I'm so scared." you hushed weakly and feel his arms tighten even more.

"I'm here. I'll always be here to protect you. So try to get some sleep." he hummed before running his hand through your silky hair soothingly.

He then glides the bridge of his nose along your cheek before breathing in your familiar aroma. This nostalgic sensation of his gesture eventually calmed your thudding heart and you are lulled off into the world of sweet dreams.

CRACKLE!

  As the sky performs it's grande finale, it was to be greatly disappointed because it's audience was now wrapped up tightly together and also fast asleep.