One of Them. (VampireHunter!Junpei xVampire!Reader)

-Thank you for requesting~ I hope you enjoy it.-

How long have I been here?

What time is it?

What day is it?

Ah...I'm thirsty.

  These thoughts disturbed your tranquil mind as you sit uncomfortably with one of your hands cuffed to the bars that surrounded you. You don't know how long you were in that position for, but all you know is that you just wanted everything to end.  You felt dry blood crackle on your temple as you scrunch your face in pain.

Ah...right...so that's what happened.

  You remember feasting on your prey until you see someone approach you with a flashlight. You didn't move when you realize that this man with strange spectacles was the one that hunts your kind. Thinking back now, you realize how dumb you were not to run away. Before you could even react to his presence, he shot you with something that looked like a tranquilizer dart. As soon as you pulled it out, you felt it immediately taking effect and collapse face first into the dirty ground soon after.

  You awoke with a splitting headache and your throat burning with thirst. It took you quite sometime before you could adjust to your surroundings. It seemed like you were retained in some kind of cell. There was one thin mattress and a dirty sink in the corner. Yet you weren't allowed to use them, since you were immobilized by the hand cuff. Usually, you had the strength to break through metal things like butter, but you sensed that this type of material was specialized just for you.

"What is she still doing alive in there?"

"What is Hyuuga-senpai thinking?"

"He killed the others right on the spot, isn't it the first time he brought one of those fuckers back with him? She looks nothing special either."

  You overheard these conversations the guards were having and begin to wonder yourself.

Why was he keeping you alive?

"(Your Full Name)." An intimidating voice snaps you out of your flashback and you look up to see the man that had brought you here.

"How-how do you know my name?" You croak as your throat was unbearably dry.

"You're that girl that was reported to be missing. It turns out you were just one of them." He answers your question and you grit your teeth hard.

"I never wanted to be one of them. They turned me unwillingly, and to survive, I need to kill...I have no other choice." You hiss as you look away from him, suddenly not wanted to look him in the eye after he had accused you of having a choice to be who you were today.

"That doesn't change the fact that you are one of them now. I should have killed you instantly." He says as he looks you in the eye.

"Then do it." You glare back.

"However, I think you would be of great use to our cause. If you are willing..." he raises his eyebrows as you look at him with a dumbfounded expression.

"What are you saying?" you sigh as you look away again; tired of his bullshit.

"Vampires are growing by the masses. They will soon outnumber us if we don't do anything. The only problem is that they possess inhuman strengths and we have a limited amount of weapons that are effective. We need you to fight for us. For humanity." His voice changes to a more pleading tone and you take a deep breath and sigh again.

"I'll do it, but I'm still one of them. I need blood to survive in case you didn't figure that out." You answer.

"Oh you'll get your blood supply. From me."

~~~

-A few months later-

You were the first vampire to be trusted by the human force. With your help, you had converted almost thousands of innocent vampires to fight for their previous lives, to get revenge for what they had to go through. You grew as a person and also as a vampire. Your strength was overpowered, almost no-one could stand in your way, you had no weaknesses.

Except one.

  As you defeat the last of the vampires that existed in this world, humans all around the world rejoiced in happiness. After an endless battle, you were all bruised and cut up, but the victory was inevitable, until something dawns upon you.

You were still alive.

You were one of them.

You were the last that remains.

You glance back at Hyuuga Junpei as he stands out from everyone else. He made an excellent captain and knew how to manage a team. You had fallen for this human a while ago, yet never had the guts to say anything.  Just as you were about to approach him and finally tell him how you felt, you hear a loud gunshot.

You stand still for just a second, and look down to see a pool of red forming on the ground you stood in.

You look up again to see tears streaming down Hyuuga's face.

"I'm sorry (Your Name)."

That's when you realize that you weren't the real monsters.

The true monsters were humans.