Pity.(Akashi Seijuro)

-I finally have some time to update. Once again, I'm sorry about my lack of updates lately. I'll be back on schedule after my exams. Anyway, enjoy!-

  Working in a top company in Japan was one thing, but being the secretary of the world's most successful CEO was another entirely different situation. Unlike most of the people working there, you were just a mere nobody with no outstanding family background. You graduated from a good university, but that was all done with your raw talent. Your career was soaring off the roof, despite the harsh judgments that were whispered behind your back.

  You were pretty surprised when Akashi selected you above all people for the promotion as his assistant. It turned out that his previous employee was a spy for one of his rivalries. At that moment, it didn't seem like there was anything to his decision. But you couldn't help but believe the rumors being spread around the whole building.

He chose you because he pitied you.

  A secretarial job may have sounded simple to everyone, but being Akashi's secretary was no joke. Even though you were paid handsomely, you started to regret accepting his offer. You barely got enough sleep, let alone has any time to eat properly for the past few weeks. You did your job well, but that was pretty costly on your part. You were sacrificing your health and wellbeing just to catch up with the tasks at hand. If your job was hard, you couldn't imagine how Akashi managed to run the whole company.

  Even with the unappreciated workload you were assigned to complete, you admired Akashi a lot. It wasn't just because he was handsome and elegant, there was something about him that drew you closer.  Before you know it, you were eager to get to know him better as a person. When you catch on to your thoughts, you realized that your feelings ran deeper than admiration.

"I'm sorry to be a bother, (Your Name). Can you get me a cup of coffee please?" Akashi asks apologetically and you nod with grace.

"Of course, Sir." You dip your head down politely as you walk over to brew a cup of coffee just the way he liked it.

  Your whole body pricks with heat and you loosen up your collar as you try to center your mind. However, your vision spins out of control and you have to grip on to the edges of the table to remain steady. You were in the process of wondering what the hell was wrong with your body when Akashi notices something off about you.

"Are you alright?" He calls over with concern.

"Ah! Yes! I'm sorry, I must have blanked out." You make a hurried excuse before pouring the coffee out with difficulty.

  Akashi observes your trembling hands as you attempt to walk over to his desk. Usually, this would be an easy task. But today, you seemed to be struggling immensely. Just as you are about to set the cup down, your knees suddenly  give out underneath you and you hear the distant shatter of glass as you crumple to the ground. Your ears begin to ring loudly as the dark spots dance around your vision.

"(Your Name)!"

    You open your eyes to see a pearl white ceiling above you and immediately shoot up from the bed. You look around frantically to realize that you were in a hospital room. Just as you are about to panic, the door creaks open and you recognize the man immediately.

"Oh my god. Sir, I'm so sorry!" You apologize with shame as you understand how much of trouble he probably had to go through.

"I should be apologizing to you. I didn't notice how much you've been working. You must have been extremely tired to have passed out like that. I'm sorry to have put you through that. (Your Name)." He says almost guiltily as he takes a seat next to the bed.

"Oh no...I was careless. I should be taking care of myself." You mumble as you quickly dismiss his apology.

"You had me worried there." He reminds you softly before reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear.

"I'm so sorry Si-" You whisper as your eyes meet.

"Seijuro. Call me Seijuro."