Shot. (Himuro Tatsuya)

-Thank you for requesting! This is an angst! Just posting this to let you guys know that I'm still alive. Enjoy!-

"(Your Name)!!" His voice resonates in your pounding head and your head snaps over to see Himuro glancing behind you in alarm.

  You turn around just in time to dig your screwdriver into the attacker's rotten flesh. Clumps of coagulated blood splatters over your face and neck and you grunt as you attempt to pull your weapon out from the walker's head.

"You okay?" He hums beside you as he places a hand on your shoulder in concern.

"Yeah." You pant before giving him a reassuring smile.

"Let's get in before we get caught up between more of them." He says shakily as he gives your a screwdriver a hard tug for you.

  Your fingers brush against each other as he hands it back to you and you look up at him to see you searching your eyes with his usual affection. His eyes were so tranquil that you completely disregarded the fact that you both were covered in filth. Himuro reaches over and runs his thumb along your under eye area.

"Careful not to get anything in your eye. We better clean ourselves up inside." He murmurs as he motions towards the building in front of you.

The building was the whole reason you traveled away from your base in the first place. You both were in search of some place safe, and rumors about a camp spread like wildfire. Unfortunately there was no way of determining if this community even existed. The only thing that was kept your hopes up was that slightest possibility of the security and safety it could offer.

The fact that you two were both alive and sane baffled you. You were the small percentage of the world that fought for survival. But before you met Himuro, you were about to become one of the countless number of dead bodies littered across the country.

You still remembered the cold nozzle against your temple. Your teeth chattered at the thought of your trembling fingers slipping down on to the trigger. If it weren't for Himuro, you would have died a clean and painless death. But because of him, you were fighting to prevent your life from being ripped away from you. He taught you how to fight, live and even love. There was always hope that the world would be able to return to the way it was before the apocalypse, but that shimmer of positivity was fading quickly as you witness the mass of dead monsters increasing by the day.

The sky rumbled angrily, as if it was warning you to get going before something could happen. The chilly wind bit at your face mercilessly and you felt the spasms of shivers run down your neck. The tall and dark-haired man wrapped his arm around you protectively, before nudging you forward towards the gate. It was eerily quiet, and then you felt the sting of the raindrops on your skin. As you approached cautiously, a beam of light blinds you both and you automatically took a step back in alarm.

"I would stop right there!" a voice hollered and you have to squint up to make out a human figure holding what it seemed to be a gun.

"P-please. We don't mean any harm." you attempted to sound assertive and rational, but by the shrill tone of your voice, it wasn't too convincing.

"My name is Tatsuya. And this is my partner (Your Name). We just heard about a camp and figured we'd take our chances. Do you think you would be able to let us in?"

"Are any of you bitten?" the voice roared and you were afraid his loudness would attract more walkers and you looked around anxiously.

"No. We're clean." Himuro responded calmly, and the gate began to creak open to reveal a buff and scary looking man beckoning at us to approach him.

At that moment, you watched as the intimidating man's eyes widen in shock as he seemed to recognise the man standing beside you. Himuro's mouth hung open and they stared at each other for quite some time before the man speaks shakily.

"T-Tatsuya?! What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Taiga?!"

Just when you opened your mouth to ask if they knew each other, bushes rustled right behind you. You spun around to see various men with masks over their faces, and you look down at their hands to see that they were aiming their guns at you. A volley of bullets were spat out of their hands, and you feel a rough force tug you towards the safety behind the metal wall before you hear it slam shut.

"Shit! Those fucking bandits!" the red-haired man snarled.

It seemed like you were left unharmed, besides the bruises growing on your side from the impact of being thrown into the ground. However, something inside your mind didn't feel right, and that's when it clicked. Your head snapped to your side to see your lover laying facedown in the mud. There was no movement from his body, not even the slightest twitch.

"Oh my God!! Tatsuya!!!" You cried out as you frantically made your way over to flip him on his back.

His eyes were hazy, as if he was still in shock. They glazed over at you and his bottom lip quivered as he tried to say something. But only gasps and wheezes resonate from his lungs as blood trickled down the side of his lips. You sobbed loudly as you caught sight of the multiple bloody patches that decorated his abdomen. One look at them, and you knew that nothing could be done to save his life. Even so, you applied pressure with your hands, causing him to lurch forward with a strangled cry in pain. The tears ran down your cheeks endlessly, and inhumane gasps of disbelief could be heard escaping your mouth. Everything around you blurred out as you watched Tatsuya's lifeline snapping.

"Come on Tatsuya! S-stay with me! You...! You promised that you'd-! YOU PROMISED!!" you screamed hysterically.

Himuro's eyes filled with his own silent tears before he took in a painful breath before reaching his shivering hand upwards to your face. It was as if he was gesturing his apology, since he could not speak it. His expression contorts into one with the utmost pain and agony as he gripped your shirt with his free hand whilst his limbs kicked out spasmodically. That's when his body goes completely still, and you looked down in horror to find his eyes blank and lifeless as they stare into your soul.

You cradle his body and pulled his corpse towards you as your pain flowed out through every single pore on your skin. A raw cry erupted from your mouth, and Taiga's own tears streamed down his face as he watched you crumble under the merciless rain. Your whole world had vanished, and you cried and cried, as if the ferocity of doing so would be able to bring him back to you. Your wailing carried out in the cold air, freezing everybody that heard your distress, leaving them helpless.

Just like you.

~~~