Akashi Seijuro (The Christmas Dinner)

-Enjoy!-

  You feel the soft feathery snowflakes land on your skin as you burrow your face deeper into the scarf that protected you from the freezing cold. Your hands were tucked into your pockets at your side, but they were still cold and numb. You have been outside for just a brief second, yet the bite of the snow and wind were ripping straight through the thick layers of insulation. It was a few minutes until you got to the restaurant that your husband was bringing you to. The Christmas traffic was insane, so you both had no choice but to get off farther away from the restaurant to make it in time on foot. Just as your teeth begin to chatter, you hear your red-haired man from beside you.

"(Your Name)? Are you cold? Your lips are turning...blue." Akashi comments worriedly.

"Ah. Just a tad." you reply as clearly as you can through your trembling lips.

  Akashi quickly closes the distance between you and wraps his arm around your shoulder in hopes to warm you up, at least until you both arrived at the restaurant. Instantly, you feel your cheeks warm up at his gesture despite being freezing cold. His warmth quickly transfers over to you and you feel a lot better. You look up at his face fondly as you think about how lucky you are to have your fate intertwined with his. You finally set foot into the elegant looking restaurant and take a sit directly in front of your lover. Being the rich and handsome man he is, he seems to be the centre of attention in the room. However, he pays them no heed as his own attention is devoted to one particular person only. 

  Before you even know it, a carnival of delicious scents tickle your nose. You could hear the thyme-stuffed turkey sizzling against the thin tin barrier. Your previous shivering subsides into a mellow sensation of warmth and hunger. Your mouth begins to water endlessly and you have to resist the urge to swallow the saliva that had accumulated. You both begin to dig in whole-heartedly as you hadn't eaten properly all day. Akashi had been busy all day from organising sufficient funds to be sent to the local orphanages and animal shelters around town as a Christmas present to the community. Despite appearing to be cold and heartless, you know him well enough to know that he was actually quite the contrary.  Whilst he was busy with his businesses, you were occupied as you were  given the task to actually dress up as one of the dwarves for the distribution of the presents to the children. It was fun, but also quite hectic and tiring, which could have contributed to you being ravenous as dinner time rolled around.

"(Your Name)?" Akashi catches your attention by calling your name with his usual gentle voice.

"Hmm?" you hum a reply as you wash down the 5 course meal with a splash of champagne.

"I know we've talked about having children, and I've thought about your request for an adoption for quite some time. Of course, I was opposed to it in the beginning because I just didn't know much about it. But after today, I think I'm ready to take that big step along with you." he announces as he looks into your eyes with intensity.

"Really?" you ask intently as everything around you slows down for the final verdict.

"This is (Your Desired Adopted Daughter's Name) and (Your Desired Adopted Son's Name). They are in desperate need of a loving family. I think it's only fair that you make the decision." he says softly.

"Well...can't we adopt both?" you ask timidly as you bring your perfectly manicured fingernails to your lips while thinking with great depth.

"I suppose there is no harm in that," he smiles before stroking a loving circle on the back of your hand. "Merry Christmas (Your Name)."