Akashi Seijuro (The Christmas Present)

-Enjoy!-

  You wait anxiously outside as you cross your arms around your usually tight heart. The nervousness and trepidation of something going wrong sends your heart rate shooting up like crazy. You have never felt this anxious in your life. But this was one of the biggest step ups in your life, so you went into the whole adoption thing expecting to feel scared. However, actually being there and waiting almost drove you completely insane. Akashi had gone in to pick up the children. Even if Christmas passed by a few days ago, the festive mood still lingered in the air. After filling in endless files of documents regarding the adoption, you were finally allowed to meet and take them home for good.

  You have already met them briefly during the qualification process, but you never really got the chance to get closer and bond with these children as a future mother. It wasn't because you didn't want to, it was just that invisible barrier that you were afraid to step over and screw up. You have never been a mother before, let alone know a single thing about raising two children. However, Akashi was there for you from the very beginning. You knew that he wanted this as much as you did. A family was something Akashi wanted to create, since he never got the affection and love he deserved as a child himself. His pain and suffering made him into the man he was today, and you know with no doubt that he would be the best father figure to these kids.

"(Your Desired Daughter's Name) and (Your Desired Son's Name). This is (Your Name). She's the mother figure in this family." Akashi's voice echoes behind you and you spin around in surprise.

"Hi." the little girl greets shyly before fiddling with the buttons on her shirt.

"Hey there," You give her a little wave before crouching down to meet her eye level. "I know we've met for a little bit. Do you remember me?" 

"Yes. Um...can I ask you a question?" she asks hesitantly.

"Sure. What would you like an answer to?" you answer back with a reassuring grin.

"Are you going to be my new mom?" she whispers and you reach up slowly and pat her head gently.

"You don't have to rush into it right now. But if you want to, I think that would make me very happy." you answer as you glance up at your husband who had your son in his arms.

"U-um...Can I please call you "mom"?" she approaches you before latching on to the hem of your dress.

"Sure." you whisper as the tears of relief suddenly brim over your eyes.

"Let's go home." Akashi announces before heading towards the car with your free hand wrapped around his tightly.

  Even though Christmas was technically over, this was one of the best gifts that you could have ever wished for. You quickly wipe away the tears with the back of your hand before glancing up at the pearl white snow that began to make it's way down. You squeeze Akashi's hand a little harder than usual as you bask underneath the hopes of a new journey and experience. You weren't just overjoyed to have moved on to another beautiful stage of life, you were more ecstatic that your life was now twinned with the inseparable bonds of your lover. Life seemed bright, but the future seemed brighter.