Powerless.(Aomine Daiki)

-Angst-

Things with Aomine hasn't been doing so well. You would constantly have fights and disagree with almost everything these days. Aomine was not like you, he was sometimes inefficient and seem to have no worries at all. This contrasted your personality, you were constantly worrying about things and that didn't sit so well with Aomine.

"Aomine please...can you just help me get that bottle of milk over by the kitchen? My hands are really full right now." You plead to the figure on the couch as he flips through one of his grotesque magazines.

He doesn't answer and you turn around to see him with headphones on and your anger meter begins to rise. You storm over to him with your child crying in your arms and use a free hand to yank out them out. Aomine jumps; startled by the sudden gesture and he looks at you with an annoyed face.

"I'll ask again...can you please help me get the bottle of milk on the counter please?" You grit your teeth as try not to kick him in the face.

"Why can't you just get it? I'm fucking tired from work, can't you give me a break?" He sighs as he begins to get up.

"Tired? You try take care of a baby for one day and tell me how tiring things are at work. I'm about to go crazy with taking care of OUR baby, and also cleaning up after your shit and doing ALL the housework. This is the 21st century Daiki, women aren't always the fucking ones to be doing all this. I need you to try and help me!" You dispute your muddled up feelings but Aomine doesn't understand at all. He flashes you an angry glare and punches the wall before locking himself up in the bedroom in silence.

The loud thud startles your son and he begins to cry even harder and louder. You try your best to lull him back to tranquility but it was no use. You grab the bottle tiredly and feed him and he finally quietens down. You can't help but let the helpless tears escape your tear ducts,  and let them flow freely. Your marriage was falling apart, and you could do nothing to stop it. That's when you decide to leave him for good.

After your son falls asleep, you gently put him down into his cot and begin to scrawl down a letter for Aomine before packing your things to leave.

~~~

Aomine thinks for quite sometime in the empty room and finally realizes that he had been in the wrong here. He decides to go back and tell you that he was sorry, but as soon as he enters the kitchen, he notices that (Your Son's Name) is gone and so are you. His eyes catch on the piece of folded paper on the counter and he unfolds it with uneasiness.

Daiki:

  I'm sorry, but we both know that this isn't going to work out. You know I really loved you when we got married. We may have had a tough start, but your smile made me feel like everything was possible. I really thought that our love would last. I think when something fades, it's time to say good bye. I'm going to take good care of (Your Son's Name). I hate so say this, but you don't have a clue on raising a child by yourself, and I cannot put our son through that. I never would have predicted that we could have turned so cold and distant. Since we aren't going to be in your life anymore, life expenses would decrease significantly for you as well. You wouldn't have to work so hard to support us anymore. In the bedroom, there is a set of envolopes in the desk's first drawer. They are the divorce papers. I signed my share, and I really hope you sign yours. Daiki, we all know it's too late now.

Have a good life, good bye.

Love,

(Your Name).

As soon as he was done skimming through the note, he couldn't help but feel frustration and powerless anger. He knew he had played a big role in this seperation, and couldn't blame anyone but himself. Later that night, after a couple dozen beers, he brought his shaky hand with the pen and scratched out his signature on his set of documents with tears running down his cheek.