Sakura.(Makoto Hanamiya)

-I cried writing this oneshot lmao. I'm too emotional is2g.-

(Your Name) was the love of Makoto's life. She was the stars to his sky, the sweetness to a bird's tune. She was everything bright, and he was a disgrace to what she stood by. He kept falling in love with her, no matter how much he wanted to spare himself of the humiliation and guilt of it all. And each time he fell for her, he gave himself slimmer chances of surviving the sea of overwhelming emotions. Makoto remembered how harshly (Your Name) was reminded that she ended up falling for someone so destructive to her spirit, and he couldn't help but think that perhaps they spoke truth. He was fully aware of being a walking hurricane thirsting for violence and pain, but there was one person that he never wanted to harm. She was the one who trailed behind his darkness, rekindling and rebuilding what he managed to demolish.

"Look Makoto! Isn't it amazing?" She gasped as she reached above her head to feel the soft petals fluttering down on her.

"It isn't too bad," Makoto sighed with a careless shrug, but a small smile was already tugging at his lips at your playful scowl. "They're just measly flowers, (Your Name)."

"Are you forgetting that you're name literally means 'flowery'?" she giggled softly, and Makoto's heart fluttered to his throat as he watched the smile he never got tired of admiring spread across her lips.

He drew closer to his angel and warrior, wrapping his palm securely around her waist and thinking about how perfectly they moulded together. With his free hand, he reached up to cup her cheek gently whilst searching through a sea of emotions her eyes reflected. He wet his lips with his tongue, it was a helpless habit he had developed over his life whenever he struggled to convey the truth within himself. Luckily enough for him, her delicate lips parted first.

"You need to stop this." She whispered lowly, completely shattering the beauty and happiness of the scenery around them. One simple sentence managed to revert him to his usual self, snapping him back into the malicious monster that he was.

"Enough with that," He hissed through gritted teeth. "We talked about this already, it's who I am and who I have always been. Stop trying to change me."

Makoto immediately regretted spewing out more hatred towards his angel, but that's what a devil like him could do. He swallowed a difficult welt prodding at his throat as her head drooped down to the crook of her collarbone.

"Sorry," He breathed with a dry chuckle. "I would help wipe those tears away, but I'm missing a majority of my fingers. I deserved it though, I've always been disobedient and disorderly. Aniki was right to punish me."

"Why?! Why would you go and join the yakuza? Out of all the things you could've done with your life," she sobbed into her arm. "You had to choose the one thing that would hurt me the most."

  "That's because I'm awfully selfish

"That's because I'm awfully selfish. Birds like myself, always flock together."

It's been years since that day where he walked away from his most beloved. Looking back at it now, he wished that he could've held her and told her that he loved her. That was the very least that he couldv'e done for her before she disappeared from his life. Makoto wanted to kill himself for trapping her in his little deadly game, he would never forgive himself for succumbing someone so pure and innocent down to the depths of hell. She was dead, and it was all his fault.

He felt the heavy rain on his burning flesh as the gravel dug into his back painfully. He let out a strangled cry as the feeling of sharp edges of glass gouging out the delicate layer of tough skin. The multiple pairs of feet surrounded him, stomping at his dark locks ever so often as they charged up for brutal assault. The heavy impact of the wooden bat on his skull dulled out his senses, and his consciousness dimmed drastically. Just when he braced himself for the final blow, his heart might as well had stopped right then and there, as he heard such a familiar voice.

"S-stop!!! You're going to kill him!" the shrill voice bounded off the dirty walls of the dark alleyway.

His head snapped up, despite being paralysed in pain. Through the swollen slits of his eyes, he could just make out the silhouette of (Your Name) standing just meters away from his pathetic self. He chocked on the goblets of coagulated blood as he attempted to scream at her to run, and ended up writhing in agony to stand up and defend his only light. His efforts were proven to be of no use at all, as he felt the sole of a heavy boot slam him back into the slick and sticking ground.

"This your little bitch, Hanamiya?" A menacing voice echoed into his eardrums as his heart slammed against his chest for release. "Shame, isn't it? To have to watch her die, I mean."

  Before anybody could react, he caught glimpse of the man's heavily tattooed arm raise up and the sound of multiple gunshots rendered him immobilised in shock

Before anybody could react, he caught glimpse of the man's heavily tattooed arm raise up and the sound of multiple gunshots rendered him immobilised in shock. He caught sight of the nozzle being pointed at his temple, his chest rose up and down rapidly as the tears streamed down his face.

 He caught sight of the nozzle being pointed at his temple, his chest rose up and down rapidly as the tears streamed down his face

"Now, go join her in hell."

When Makoto came back to his senses, real tears were dripping from his face down to his trousers. His legs give out underneath him and he slumped forward, leaning his forehead against the cold and earthy trunk of the sakura tree. A powerful wind slams into him and he glanced up to see the pink blossoms raining down towards him. He reached above him as they softly caress his callused palm while collecting in his hands. The tree branches rustled, but he couldn't hear anything going on around him, as his loud sobs seem to be the only sound that plagued him. The cruel reality of it all seemed to be setting in just at that moment. The images of her beautiful self beside the brook, with the sun shining across her face and the wondrous smile she always had on her face flashed over his tear-ridden eyes as another wave of guilt crashed him to the ground.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry (Your Name)."