Entry 1074: Thursday 5th September 2019

Entry 1074
Thursday 5th September 2019

God, my head is throbbing! I spoke to Mum, Auntie Meryl, Naomi and Nikki today about the decision I've made to move back to Sandown.

When I woke up this morning, I took a deep breath in preparation for my discussion with Mum about me moving in with Nikki. I got out of bed, sorted out Leo and when I walked downstairs, I saw Mum was in the kitchen. She was making me some tea and acting all mumsy, very out of character. "Morning sausage," she said, as she flashed me a smile and handed me a cup of tea, "I heard you moving about so I've made you some tea. Now, I'm sorry if I've been all annoying and interfering and unhelpful but from now on, I'm going to do my best to be reasonable and be the most supportive mother I can be." "I'm moving back in with Nikki," I said. "WHAT!?" Mum loudly yelled, as she dropped her cup of tea on the floor and starred at me with a crazed and furious expression on her face, "Are you f*cking kidding!? What do you want to move back in with her for you lunatic!?" "Reasonable and supportive?" I said. "Don't talk to me about being reasonable when you're stood there talking about moving back in with the b*tch who kicked the sh*t out of you. What the frig is wrong with you? Have you got a death wish or something? You were saying you didn't want anything to do with her or her kid, yesterday."  "I said I didn't THINK I wanted anything to do with the kid," I said, "I've changed my mind now." "What do you mean, you've changed your bl**dy mind!?" exclaimed Mum. "Mum, I want to be a Dad to my child from the beginning. Esther and Caroline took thar away from me. Nikki's giving me the chance to be there from the start." "Take off your rose-tinted glasses, Luke," said Mum, "She's not giving you a chance to be a dad, she's doing what she can to take control." "Yes Mum," I said, "I know that. I'm not stupid. She might want to try and take control, but it doesn't mean I'm going to let her. It'll be nice for Leo to have a little brother or sister. I want to be a dad through the pregnancy and right from the birth. I've got the chance to do that." "Not without putting up with that nutter," said Mum. "I guess it's a cross to bear," I said. "Well, you've changed your bl**dy tune," said Mum, "The other day you told her to f*ck off and now you're wanting to set up home with her." "It's not setting up home," I said. "It sounds like it," said Mum, "God! If you want to be a dad, fair enough but you don't have to move in with her." "I don't know about all of the finite details yet," I said, "But I'm going to see Nikki later and tell her and we can talk it through." "Tell her?" said Mum, "You haven't told her any of this?" "Like I said," I said, "I'll tell her later." "This is crazy," said Mum, "Moving back in with that b*tch is going to drive you mad or get you killed. Anyway, you said that Tinsley was getting you a job at the prison, and what about when Meryl gets out of hospital. You said you were going to help me look after her. You can't do that if you're living in Sandown, and if you think that two-faced manipulative b*tch is moving in here, you can think again." "Well, I suppose I'll move back to Sandown, and see if Tinsley will let me keep my job at The Hive," I said. "Good luck trying to get that maniac to change his mind," said Mum, "And what are you going to do with Leo? Take him with you?" "I haven't decided yet," I said. "Are you going to leave him here whilst she's pregnant? What about when she has the kid? Are you going to take him back? How is this all going to work?" "I don't know!" I loudly snapped, "All I know, is that you firing all these questions at me isn't helping." "Well God knows what people are going to think," Mum said, "Your Auntie will probably have another heart attack, and Naomi... I don't think she's going to be happy." "Well, I hope that people who love me will accept my decision and understand why I've made it. Look, I need to go and see Nikki and have a chat with her." "Well, you're not going on your own," said Mum, "I think we can agree that you being on your own with her isn't a good idea." "Fine," I said, "But if you're going to come please try and be civil."

I got Trudy to look after Leo whilst Mum and I went to Sandown to see Nikki. It was weird being back at the house. It didn't feel like I should be there. When I knocked on the door (which also felt weird) I told Mum not to cause any trouble, whilst we waited for Nikki to answer. A few moments later, Nikki answered the door and she looked surprised to see us. "Oh..." she said, "I was expecting you. "We need to talk," I said, "Can we come in?" "What's SHE doing here?" Nikki sniped, as she gave me a dirty look. "SHE has a got a name," snapped Mum, "I'm here because I don't trust you to be on your own with him... and if you look down your nose at me like that one more time, I'll kick your arse into the middle of next week." I turned and gave Mum a firm stare, signalling that she should shut up.