Entry 1147: Sunday 17th November 2019

Entry 1147
Sunday 17th November 2019

STILLL NO BLADE!

I really am starting to think that he's not here. Maybe he had an accident in the car when he left Whitby. Maybe he came across a group of infected and got into trouble. Maybe something else happened. Maybe another group of survivors carjacked him. Maybe he's dead. Oh, I don't know. All I do know is that I can't carry on walking around Cowes like some desperate down and out, hoping Blade will appear.

I caught up with Michael today. I was walking back home after wandering around Cowes beach and I bumped into him in Cowes High Street. He's got a little flat above one of the abandoned ships in the centre of Cowes, not too far away from where Roz lives. I suppose I should make more of an effort with Michael. He doesn't really know anyone on the island and he did help us out when all the sh*t kicked off in Whitby. Mind you, it looks like I'll be seeing more of him. He told me that the job he's been allocated is as a cleaner at The Hive. "God knows how I'm going to get to the other side of the island from here," he said, "Seems a bit stupid giving me a job so far away from where I'm actually living." I agreed with Michael but told him that he could get the bus with me and then meet Gary in Sandown who would give us a lift.

As I walked down the street back home, I saw Mia walking towards me. I was expecting her to approach me and have a go at me for walking back home instead of walking around Cowes making myself available for Blade to collar me. As Mia got closer to me, I didn't give her chance to say anything and immediately started getting all defensive. "Right," I assertively said, "Mia, before you say anything, I have spent most of the day walking around Cowes and wandering around the beach. Please don't have a go. I'm doing what I can to bring Blade out of hiding. I just want to sit down, give my feet a rest and spend some time with my girlfriend and son." "OK," said Mia, "Calm down. I wasn't going to have a go." "Oh..." I said, sounding surprised, "Sorry. I just thought..." "Oh, don't worry about it," Mia said in a casual tone with a smile on her face, "I'm going to Sainsbury's to see what ingredients they've got for baking. I'm going to bake a cake. Do you want to help?" "A cake?" I said, frowning with confusion. "Yeah," said Mia, "It's a spongey thing with jam inside." "Mia, I know what a cake is," I bluntly said, "I'm just surprised you're in the mood for baking when your daughter's missing. I thought all your energy was going into that?" "Well, there's no point in worrying about it is there?" said Mia, with a happy grin, "It'll all work out. Anyway, there's not much I can do is there? It's you that Jon Blade is after, not me. So... You wanna help me bake?" "Err... No, thanks," I said, sounding and looking confused, "I think I'm going to go home and rest." OK," said a chipper Mia, "I'll catch up with you tomorrow at the café." Mia went off skipping down the street like she didn't have a care in the world, and I was left feeling really confused. One minute she's having a go at me for not putting myself out there so Blade can find me, and then next she's inviting me to bake cakes with her. Weird. Mind you, she has always been a bit of a weirdo.

I went round to see Ash today and asked him what's going on with him and Harold. He got really angry and seemed rather offended that I was asking him. "Is it something to do with your late wife Yvonne?" I asked. "Shut up, Luke," snapped Ash, "I don't want to talk about it." "Ash, I thought we were mates," I said. "If we're mates, then stop pressuring me," snapped Ash. "It just looks like Harold's got something over you," I said. "He hasn't got anything over me," snapped Ash, "What the Hell are you going on about?" "I just want to make sure you're alright and that he's not trying to take the p*ss out of you or anything," I said "Luke," Ash said bluntly, "I am alright, and Harold isn't taking the p*ss out of me." "It sounded like you were catching up with an old friend when I saw you together," I said. "He used to be my boss, Luke," said Ash, "We used to work together." "My Mum used to work with him," I said, "But she isn't bothered about catching up with him." "Well, maybe she had a different relationship with him than I did," said Ash, "I've known him longer, and he did try to help me out with Yvonne. Look, you don't need to worry. It's not like I'm going to become best buddies with him."

Ash did all he could to reassure me that there wasn't a problem but I still have this niggling feeling that there's something he's not telling me. I haven't seen Harold today which I'm glad about. It still creeps me out a bit that he's living next door.

I hope Blade turns up soon. I want to get all sh*t sorted so I can focus on my sex life with Naomi!