Part 29: Stupid Family

Five: Here's the real question. How do you knowyour birth mother is in Pennsylvania? 

Klaus: Well, because I was on the ass endof a two-week bender, and I can't tell you the exact date because we were boofing Xanaxand the whole business, but Amy Winehousewas at the top of the charts. So that puts us somewhere, where?In the mid to late aughts? I helped myself into Dad's office,looking for the key to his safe 'cause he hadPogo lock up all the stealables. 

Y/n: (sarcastically) I wonder why.

Klaus: But instead, I found a treasure troveof our family history told in expired check stubs. I was too messed upto, uh, do anything about it, too scared to look her up. But always in the back of my mind

(Y/n puts a hand on her shoulder)

Klaus: I wondered why she sold me offfor three grand. I mean, come on,she couldn't have held out for five? Six? 

(Five gives him a confused look)

Y/n: Really that's what you care about right now?

Five: You see anything about our mothers? 

Klaus: No. Sorry. 

Y/n: Why now? 

Klaus: Well, duh. Dad disowns us. Grace isn't Grace. Ben's... gone. Now just felt like a good a time as anyto find out who I could've been  if I didn't grow up in this stupid family. 

Five: Well, can you really callwhat we had a family?

Klaus:  No. It's more like a

Five: Institute for Snarky Delinquents.(The 3 laugh) And not a good one at that. 

Y/n: The Umbrella Academy is the closest thing to family we will ever have.

Klaus:  But what is family? What is it? It's like some kind of giant...ball of twine that can never be untangled. 

Five: A giant ball of obligation we've been pushing uphill our entire life. 

Y/n: And the older you get,the bigger it gets.

Klaus: And the more you try and untangle it... 

Five: You watch it roll down the hill... 

Y/n: You struggle more and more

Y/n, Klaus, and Five:  [in unison] And what's the point? 

Klaus: Hey, I'm glad you came along.  You're a good siblings.  All right, all right.You say nice things about me now. 

Five: (pats him on the shoulder) Let's go find your stupid mother.

(He walks away)

Y/n: Your a good brother too Klaus. I'll always be here for you I hope you know that. (Y/n smiles and walks over to the car followed by Klaus before they leave and start driving again)