Part 56: Answers

(Lila Laughs) 

Lila: No way. This whole time you've been complainingabout the Commission, and you're the one who founded it. Classic.

Five: If I did, I have no memory of it.-

(Lila laughs) 

Lila: So here I was thinkingyou were a maverick,  but you're a company man,down to the bone. I mean, you... [laughs] You literally cannot breathewithout this place. [laughs] 

Five: Something's not right. I don't have paradox psychosis. I could feel it outside,but in here, it's...nothing. 

Older Five: (in a raspy voice) Never were too bright, were we? At least not without Y/n. The operations bunker is paradox-proof. We constructed it as a panic room in case of a collapsein the time continuum. In this room, all permutations of yourself can exist.

Five: Wait who is We?

Older Five: Who else would it be? You never did do much without Y/n did you.

Y/n: Does that make me the other founder?

Older Five: Yes.

Y/n: So where is the Older me?

Older Five: She's here.

Y/n: Then why didn't I have symptoms of paradox psychosis?

Lila: I think I just found the answer to that. 

(Y/n and Five turn around to see Lila had opened the long chest on the side of the room. Y/n walked over and took a peak inside... and automatically recognized the face)

Lila: Don't think you can fell paradox psychosis if the other you is dead.

(Lila was right. The face she saw was hers. But not as an adult or even as an older lady but as a teenager, no older than she looked now. She was wearing a beautiful red dress with color still in her cheek as if she was only sleeping. Five grabbed Y/n's hand  as she shut the box.)

Y/n: How long ago?

Older Five: Many years

Y/n: How did her body stay the same?

Older Five: The commission lives independently from the timelines. 

Y/n: What happened to her?

Older Five: She absorbed to much energy trying to save the world. her body couldn't keep up and she died.