Part 105: The Last Sparrow

(Anala found Sloane in a hotel room sewing up her wedding dress. She sat on a couch adjacent to her. Soon after Ben walks in)

Ben: So it's official. My ears are broken, and the idiot with knivesreally can't sing. 

Anala: Diego. You know his name is Diego. 

Ben: Oh, whatever. 

Sloane: Maybe you should try and be nice to himand the others. 

Ben: And why would I do that? 

Sloane: As much as I'd loveto work out your anger issues right now, I have to get back to this.The wedding is in an hour. 

Ben: Fei is dead. 

Anala: Yeah. We know. 

Sloane: And so are the others. 

Ben: Oh, so that's it?  You both are just gonnaturn your backs on the Sparrow Academy? I mean, you heard Dad.We have training to do.

Anala: And you heard me when I said, I'm done with it 

Ben: Something big is about to go down. 

Sloane: I wish you were talking about my wedding. 

Ben: Okay. (He sits in front of her) Sloane, listen to me-- 

Sloane: No. You listen to me. I'm sorry they didn't invite youto the bachelor party. 

Ben: I don't... I don't care about that. 

Anala: Yes, you do.  You care more aboutbeing invited to the bachelor party than you do Fei or the others. Or even saving the world. 

Ben: That's... That's crazy. 

Sloane: Is it?the 3 of us, we've never been alone. It's always been the eight of us. Now it's just you.  So congratulations, Ben.You're finally Number One of one. 

Ben: I'm a Sparrow, and so are the both of you. 

Anala: Not anymore. 

Ben: What's so damn special about them anyway? 

Sloane: They're a real family. They don't existto sell action figures and tote bags. 

Ben: We were more than that. 

Anala: Were we? 

Ben: What about you? Sloanes an umbrella now. What about you? Where is the great Anala going next?

Anala: I quit. I'm tired of this life.  

Sloane: Why is it so importantfor you to be a Sparrow? 

(Ben starts to leave and Anala hears him whisper)

Ben: Because I have nothing else.