Part 117: On the edge of the world

(Five and Y/n decide to go sit at the edge of the world and look out at the Kugelblitz, just enjoying each others company with Y/n's head on Five's shoulder as the world slowly got sucked away. Their comfortable silence was ruined by foot steps, looking back they saw Reginald approaching them with a book in his hand)

Five: Reginald. 

Reginald: I take it you know why I'm here. 

Five: How 'bout we save you some time? 

Y/n: Give you the "no" upfront. 

Five: we're not the least bit interestedin this bullshit plan you've been cooking. 

Reginald: It's not,as you so colorfully called it, bullshit. Mind if I join you? 

Five: Actually, we'd appreciate some (he sits down anyway)... alone time.

Y/n: It seems we won't get any.

Reginald: It is impressive, isn't it? 

Five: All the wayswe could have screwed the pooch, this way is the most complete. I'm relieved, actually. 

Y/n: This time, everything goes. 

Five: There's no Commission, no leaping away. No life spent going mad with the desperationto see family again.

Reginald: I've seen worlds end in waysthat would knock your socks off, old man.

Y/n: (sarcastically) Wow! Reginald Hargreeves,you never cease to surprise me.

Reginald: That is some comfort. You know, they all run togetherafter a while. But you never forget your first. Your home. Your original sin. You never stop wondering, "Did I do enoughto save the people I loved?" 

Y/n: Did you?

Reginald: No, but I was hoping you childrencould help me out with that. 

Y/n: Well then maybe you should have treated us like children and less like experiments

 Five: Sorry, Reg. I got a message from the future. 

Reginald: What future?

Five: My future self told me very explicitly not to save this world or I will lose my own.

Reginald: You are an arrogant son of a bitch, aren't you?"Future you."  "Present you."  The past is as much a mystery as the future. You ruined your life and someone else's once before by not listening to me. Are you prepared to do that again? 

(Y/n death glares him for guilt tripping Five like that.)

Five: Fine, we'll attend your stupid meeting. 

Reginald: Excellent! 

(he gets up and is about to walk away)

Y/n: If ... you tell me what happened with you in the Buffalo Suite last night. Who were you talking to? Was it Klaus? Was it Ben? Allison perhaps?

Reginald: No one. I was alone.  We should go. Don't want to be late for the meeting...I would move if I were you.

Five: What, are you threatening me?

(The world starts to crumble beneath him as he stand up and move but Y/n falls and uses her wind power to fly and land back on the ground)

Reginald: Shall we?